What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Neps pics

• Thread starter Kim
  • Start date
Nope, the link didn't work, just, "this page cannot be dispayed"
sad.gif

is this the pic you were talking about, or another?
1039132492_0.jpg

That is one of the pics....I posted several there. Thanks for bringing it up.

Kim

wow! the truncata looks great!
want me to post the rest of the pics here?

Sure....go ahead and post them. I will try and get a few more up in the next few days. Take care and Thanks.

Kim

picture belongs to Kim

N.truncata having a drink
truncatadrink.jpg

The N. truncata x ventricosa after having the drink:

1039072381_0.jpg

wow, that truncata is huge!

1039071073_0.jpg

Great plants
smile.gif
! Your truncata pitchers are 7" taller than mine
sad.gif
. But, at its growth rate, It will have 18" pitchers within the next 4 leaves
biggrin.gif
. You'd better watch out
wink.gif

Impressive... thanks for the post.
smile.gif

wow.gif

Kim, did you grow those plants? Would you like a job
biggrin.gif

Very nice! Is the first picture posted by Spect 73 a N. x Dyeriana?

Good job Kim! I just got one of those N xRokko's. Tell me, is it a fast grower, and how would you compare it's humidity requirements, average, more or less?

Thanks

heck Kim a job offer from Rob, i wouid grab it in a heart beat. how lucky you are.

Rob, et al,

Yes, I grew all those plants and would probably love to have a job over there Rob. You certainly grow stellar plants yourself Rob, and I envy your location to their native environment. Also, for information requested....N. x rokko is a very fast growing plant but make sure you have some room as it is a climber. I hope to post some more pics this week, and for the request, the first pic is N. veitchii x maxima xx rokko x veitchii. I have two forms of this plant, and both are nice. Thanks for the nice compliments.

Kim

George,

I am sorry I didn't fully answer your question on N. x rokko, but humidity requirements are much like N. maxima. Since I grow all my neps outside here in Hawaii, humidity can vary quite a bit. I also do not get the very high temps that lowlands might prefer. What that does to my lowland neps is make them grow a bit slower but still grow normal. I would probably say that conditions here at my location are more intermediate with lows in the summer around 70 and highs 85 fahrenheit. In the winter months like now, we can get down to the high fifties, and day temps are usually about 80 F. Normally we are quite wet on the east side of the big island. The ultra highlands seem to prefer a bit more elevation than I have, because I am at sea level. However, in just twenty minutes or so I can drive to 4000 plus feet where temps will go down to the forties, and highs around 74. Hope this is of some help.

Kim

Thanks, Kim. That helps.

Very best
Tim

Back