What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nep cutting, mold

I had my nep cutting in a tank for a few days really good light but now I have mold it looks like it's been there for a while i just never noticed it. The mold is green and isn't spread just a few dots of mold all over it it may be a fungus I can't tell the difference.
I'm getting worried it's the only cutting with new growth and it's N.SpecXSpat. Is it harmful and how do I get rid of it?

Mold is a type of fungus. It usually pops up in moist, stagnant areas. No mold is good for neps. Although there is one type of fungus that is beneficial, it is definately not what you have. You should remove it imediately by hand, or with the use of a fungicide (sp?). Preferably with a fungicide as removing it manually usually releases the spores and you end up spreading it more than getting rid of it.

Mike
smile.gif

P.S. Good luck with your cutting(s).
smile.gif

Back