What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ok, i got the import permit

Ok, I finally got my import permit and decided to order from
Malesiana Tropicals instead of Borneo Exotics.
( i.e. I don't have 1000$ )
Now how do I use it, do I send it or what?
Do I have to call anyone before or after?

Tell me if you know.
Thanks
smile.gif

Contact Malesiana Tropicals and they will give you all the details.

fax or e-mail it to Anna-Lisa. fax would be better

when I ordered my neps I didn't acquire any permits, does this only apply to certain countries or what??

joe

Who's Anna-Lisa. Joseph, we're talking about the permits needed to impot plants from other countries.

Joe, most of the oversea companies require an import permit to ship the plants. if i remember correctly where u got yours from they do not reqire a permit.

george, that would explain the lack of customs stickers on the box, aren't they risking quite a fine by shipping here that way?

Joe, no they might have something worked out and have a Rep. that handles all the paperwork. there are also 1 or 2 other company's that u don't need a permit to order from them

For future reforence, could someone please list these sellers? PFT can't stock everything, lol
wink.gif

Darcie you would have to pose this question to the owners of PFT because naming names and web addresses of their competition (yes, even if they don't sell the same plant species) might not be something they want. Afterall, the "other companies" are not helping pay PFTs nameserver bill etc.
Try going to google and doing a search on "Nepenthes" or "Nepenthes available" you'll find all the companies easy enough.
wink.gif

Wow, 2500$. I thought it was just 500$.

Nope, it was $2500.00. And I have the permit and had it at the time. Ordering from Malesiana(or Borneo Exotics for that matter) will be no problem , because they provide CITES and Phytosanitary.

Regards,

Joe Griffin

Back