What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

nepenthes anamensis

tuyen thi

BANNED
Anybody got information and pictures of nepenthes anamensis .

There's been a lot of debate on anamensis for as long as I can remember. One of the very first nepenthes offered by Peter Pauls' was labelled anamensis, but I believe it eventually got re-identified as an alata. There is a variety offered by Malesiana labelled as N. alata var. anamensis, so they seem to be in the camp that shuffles the plant under the alata complex. Others stand firmly behind the notion that anamensis is a species unto itself. Not sure, though...this debate may have been settled recently. I haven't read anything new on it lately. Oz

N.Anamensis is supposedly to be closely related to N.Khasiana. I belive this to be a good assumption. N.Anamensis has features similar to Khasiana and I personally think it is a sub form of Khasiana, or a natural mutation that Anamensis was orginally a Khasiana then mutated and turned to look slightly different. This is all IMO though. It has been recorded to be an easy grower, and handels well in cultivation. If you need more info on where to get this palnt, culitvation specs or anyhting message or E-Mail me. hope this helps.
smile.gif

I was getting ready to start a post requesting info on the species myself. What a coincidence! According to the book Carnivorous Plants of the World, by James and Patricia Pietropaolo, they easily grew the plant on their windowsill for years, and it pitchered well. It was the only nepenthes they linked with windowsill cultivation.

could some one tell me a specific place in vietnam where could i find it .

google.com search for "Nepenthes anamensis, range"

I just posted a few days ago to the CP Listserv about a hybrid I obtained, N. x margaretea. The CP Database had this hybrid's ancestry listed as anamensis x ventricosa, but the guy who sold it told me it was kampotiana x ventricosa. Someone on the Listserv confirmed that these two (anamensis and kampotiana) are now considered to be the same species.
biggrin.gif

N. anamensis is on Vietnam's Threatened Plant Species list. There's no need to field collect when you can obtain it from a reputatble source.

If you want pictures, just do an image search on google!

Back