What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. x judith finn

I posted a picture a while back of my Judith Finn with a new pitcher just opening up. I put it side by side with a new pic here showing the reddening of the peristome. This is a very cool nep! I was talking to Marilee Maertz of California Carnivores the other day, and she said that this nep (and some others) would be hard to get in the future as the overseas tissue culturers are focusing on Nepenthes that show all their color and splendor as small plants, for marketing reasons. That would really be a shame!

These photos were taken 16 days apart:
N.%20x%20Judith%20Finn%20before%20&%20after.JPG

Capslock

hehe i just found out that i too have a N. x judith finn when i posted a pic of my nep on the "identify a plant forums".  it is indeedie a neato plant. i fed mine an ant the other night for the first time and when i woke up in the morning the beautiful "red lips" were oozing with nectar. they looked like a jello mold or somethin hehehe
biggrin.gif
ahh what the heck i'll post the pic here too  
tounge.gif

very juicy
wink.gif
N. judith finn

I too enjoy the redness of my judith finn's peristome.
tounge.gif
She's a real beauty.
biggrin.gif

pitchers32.jpg

Back