Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: N. gracillis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok tony,

I'll take your word for it, perhaps it became moisture stressed during shipping since it does look quite droopy like an underwatered plant. I was not aware that a plant needed to be acclimated to florescent lighting so as you all may be thinking I threw it in there and possibly burned it. Now obviously the visible leaves are going to die quickly and possibly create a severe case of shock...maybe. my question now is will the new growth such as the emerging leaf be OK in the bright envirnment or do I need to acclimate for light as well as moisture shock. It's already been sprayed for fungus and with a systemic poison in case it was mites.

so ziplock it is and the question is how much shade? I don't really have any dark spots unless I cover it with something?

joe
    Signature.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    also

thanks for the advise everyone.
    Signature.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The plant is now in one of those 50% light shade hydroponic chambers. Also known as a spray painted ziploc.

joe
    Signature.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am surprised also that it reacted that way to the lights. You do have quite a few though and perhaps it was a little light starved previously. I think when it settles in and starts making new growth it will do fine for you with the light set up you have. You should start to see some active growth in a week or two. Once you see that you can start opening the bag up a little periodically and let it get the normal amount of light.
    Tony
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    will do Tony, It's growth point looks good so it may avoid shock and keep right on growing. It's funny that this is the only plant that reacted this way out of the shipment. I have about a dozen new neps from the size of 1cm TCs to the size of the one in the picture (6in pot) and this is the only plant that took badly to my misunderstanding of acclimation. Perhaps they all got together and decided someone had to take one for the team...

joe
    Signature.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123