Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Some photos, badly taken

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are photos of some neps I grow. Unfortunately I'm still stuck in the non-digital camera era, so forgive me if they weren't taken under optimum conditions. Testing...

Nepenthes Photos

The pictures are of N. x Ventrata, N. x Gentle, N. rafflesiana (may be var. elongea) and what I suspect is N. alata var. spotted

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for showing the big N. x Gentle! I just got this a few weeks ago and only have seen green 3" pitchers. How long have you had that plant? How large are the leaves & pitchers? Sure looks happy!

As far as I know the parentage of this hybrid is unknown but the lid and long thin pitcher body sure reminds me of N. fusca. The leaves remind me of my maxima hybrids. I wonder if it could be some form of maxima x fusca? or Mixta x fusca...

Hot, humid Singapore....but unfortunately, in a flat 7 stories up, sunlight blocked by tall buildings.......
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice photos! especially the N raff...mine is still really small...where did you get it?

also how long does it take for a N raff to be matured?©s
    A lady went into a grocery store and looked into the turket section. She needed a bigger one for her family, so she asks the stock boy: \"Do these turkeys get any bigger?\"

The stock boy replied: \"No ma'am, they're dead\"

Msn/email - wezx1@hotmail.com

Hot, humid Singapore....but unfortunately, in a flat 7 stories up, sunlight blocked by tall buildings.......
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have the same N gentle as him cuz we bought it from the same place...my N . gentle has big pitchers too but it is drying up....now my N gentle is producing 3" small green pitchers cuz some1 did a cutting on it
    A lady went into a grocery store and looked into the turket section. She needed a bigger one for her family, so she asks the stock boy: \"Do these turkeys get any bigger?\"

The stock boy replied: \"No ma'am, they're dead\"

Msn/email - wezx1@hotmail.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll try and develop more and better pictures, I could have got the Gentle at a better angle.

Swords, actually the N. x Gentle isn't doing as well as it appears. When I bought it about a month and a half ago, it had those large pitchers you see. Now, one of the pitchers is browning and shrivelling. But what you don't see are the new pitchers, very green and very small. I'm hoping it acclimatises soon.

wezx, that's the rafflesiana I bought from Redhill. It'll take a month or two to get up to speed, I'm not sure if the pitchers will get any larger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    N. 'Gentle' appears to be the same thing as N. 'Corn.bak'. It is sold as a variety of maxima, but we firmly believe its the hybrid of maxima x fusca. We grow it here in south Florida, and during the late summer heat, it produces smaller pitchers. Right now, ours are flowering. It's male.

Trent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool. Lowland baskets, I can relate. I cannot wait until my rafflesiana get big enough to get really distinctive. See! There's that durn spotted alata that can look like a coccinea without light sometimes, if you look at it just wrong, which I do. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/alien.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beagle, it's probably just the poor angle at which I took the pictures [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Alata doesn't have the generally rounder and curved pitchers inherited from rafflesiana. It's longer and slimmer than the coccinea et al hybrids. At least, that's my way of telling them apart [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast