Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is your largest nep?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ooops! Typo! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img] *Hits forehead repeatedly* Sorry! I would love it if it had 12 inch pitchers!

SF

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 4 to 5 year old N. khasiana x ventricosa that winds around in my large terrarium and I have to keep hacking it back (and then it sends up another stem....). It has 10 inch tall pitchers with about 1-1/2 inch diameter openings now.

I bought it at a local nursery that had no idea what it was. It was in a small glass bowl with a 1/2 inch tall pitcher.

WildBill

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My biggest is Nepenthes X dyeriana which is over 4 foot tall, 3 foot wide and has some leaves over 19" excluding the tendril. Mind you, the growing stalks are tied to orchid sticks to keep it at 3 foot in diameter. The biggest pitchers are over 12" or a foot and that excludes the lid. Only the bottom of the pitcher to the top of the peristome. In fact, it got so top heavy that it fell over and landed on my bed while I was sleeping in the middle of the night! That was not pleasant since i had to repot that guy the next day. Thank god only minor damage to the plant. I plan to let it grow to the ceiling of my bedroom and put a trellis on the ceiling to let it vine and hang down! And besides that, it's a killer Nepenthes. You can see it on Peter D'Amato's book the Savage Gardern or at my website http://www.venturalink.net/~maxxpaxx...thesathome.htm and go to the photos section. The pitchers are gorgeous.
    Late
    Joel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow joseph , how long have you had that plant mines is growing as slow as a cephaltous . neparound the house ,that nep is one of my most favorite hybrids , doy uo know a place where i can find a small plant cheap .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got it a year ago at about 4 inches across. Like I said it's a weed. Feeding causes massive growth spurts in this one.

joe
    Signature.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My largest Nep is an N. coccinea. It has several growing points and a leaf span of about a foot and a half with forty some odd pitchers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12