What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which ones have uppers

OK, my N. Gracilis is about two feet long and I'm getting the impression it does not produce 'upper pitchers'.
Also my N. Ampullaria is doing a bit of upward growing and doesn't have any different pitchers. I assume these two species simply don't form two types of pitcher. Correct?

joe

Joe,
Are you sure it's not producing all upper pitchers? I think I read somewhere that if you root a cutting with upper pichers on it already, it will continue to produce upper pitcher and not revert back to lowers....Are you neps from cuttings?
confused.gif
confused.gif

N. gracilis produces upper pitchers, but they arent much different from the lower pitchers, just bigger and more slender. N. ampullaria, often doesnt have any pitchers coming of its leaves when its vine gets longer, though it does, rarely, produce an odd shaped upper pitcher though.

Thanks I didn't look all that close, I was more or less looking for the loop in the tendril or a dramatically different pitcher.

They are both from TC I think. I'll just keep watching.

Thanks
joe

Schloaty,

Where did you read that? Because from my experiance, all Nep cuttings produce at least some lower pitchers before reverting to uppers.

Mike

I dunno where he read it, but i read it, too. It's good to know that's not the case.

Back