What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi all

Just got back from a 2 week holiday to Australia, I hadn't been back for almost 2 years.

I did a bit of CP'ing and saw plenty of climbing, tuberous and pygmy Drosera. In some places the tuberous and pygmies were so numerous it was impossible to avoid stepping on them, they were everywhere.
As my grandparents live in Albany I went down there too and wasted lots of time and bored the cr@p out of my wife and kids trudging through swampy heathland looking for Cephalotus but didn't see any. I did find a HUGE Dugite (poisonous snake) hiding in a blackboy though.

On the way back from Albany I planned to stop in and finally meet Phill Mann, owner of southern carnivores www.scarnivores.com. He has a large variety of Neps that are not available at petflytrap so I hope it is OK to put his site here - no disrespect intended to Phil and Jaie.

So I met Phill, great guy, and I decided to buy a few Neps from him - I only had 2 days of my holiday left and still had a bit of spending money so I chose 6 x raff giant, 4 x raff squat, 4 x lowland veitchii, 2 x raff "white", 3 x bicalclarata, 2 x philippinensis, 4 x truncata, 2 x bellii, 2 x mindanaoensis, 2 x ventricosa, 1 x lowland maxima, 1 x raff x clippeata, 2 x Drosera fulva and 2 x D falconerii.
I picked it all out, took a deep breath and said "what do I owe you Phill?" and he GAVE them all to me!!

I spent today (first day back) potting it all and gloating over my massively increased collection.

Just wanted to share my story and put in a good word for Phill.

Cheers, fatboy.

(corrected the web site address here as it is a bit poor trying to help Phill out and posting the wrong address!)

Cheers (and thanks pthiel)

(Edited by fatboy at 9:54 am on April 28, 2002)

I wish I could also travel and look for CP nature sites in Australia (maybe one day as it in my dreams list) also visit Phill Mann as I had for I can say long time very good connection's with him and he is sure a great guy.
arie

Phill is what we all hope to be one day. He consistantly is the big giver to most of the different CP society seedbanks and is already willing to take the time to answer a question and help out fellow growers.

Also his website is http://www.scarnivores.com and a wonderful site for Nep pictures.

Cheers.

Like, FREE???

Wow, thats impressive...

I'm jealous!

Fatboy, we generally don't care if you post links to overseas plant providers, infact, we encourage it, it's the local (meaning continental US) shops that compete directly with petflytrap where we take issue with people posting links, even then, do it in private and no one cares.

Just remember, a lot of nurseries are buying their stock from phil and jeff now, so why not go directly to the source!

Back