What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. x judith finn availability?

Hi
I often see photos of and references to the hybrid N. x judith finn. But is this species available outside the States, as I have never seen it listed on European or UK Nursery sites? And I want one!!
wink.gif

cheers

bill
ps I'm in England  
rolleyes.gif

This hybrid was made in the US and tissue cultured by one of the big pot plant producers. There are not many US companies that export, which is why your not seeing it in the UK. Particularly with all the large Dutch companies producing a range of inexpensive potplants. The cost to import a pot plant from US puts them out of the price range of the Dutch plants.

Exotica also remade the cross and distributed seedlings a couple years ago.
Tony

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tony Paroubek @ July 31 2003,2:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This hybrid was made in the US and tissue cultured by one of the big pot plant producers.  There are not many US companies that export, which is why your not seeing it in the UK.  Particularly with all the large Dutch companies producing a range of inexpensive potplants. The cost to import a pot plant from US puts them out of the price range of the Dutch plants.  

Exotica also remade the cross and distributed seedlings a couple years ago.
Tony[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Thanks Tony
pity about that
sad.gif

Out of curiosity which varieties make up the hybrid?

cheers

bill

N. Spathulata X N. Veitchii are the two parents.

Back