What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Testimonial

RamPuppy

Hey All, I just wanted to let you know my Nepenthes Albomarginata came in, And it's a beauty. I will try to post pictures this weekend.

Any How, Tony and I talked, and we believe this one to be A very dark purple strain, as far as we can tell (based on Tony's research) the truly black form of the plant has not yet made it's way to the states.

But heck if I care! The plant is gorgeous, easily 8 inches from leaf tip to tip, with 2 1/2 inch to 3 inch pitchers on it. Here is the kicker, this is not a cheap plant, it cost me 50 bucks after shipping. Tony could have easiliy removed the basal shoot on this plant and after a few months of conditioning, sold it for twice the profit. But he's a stand up guy.

Thanks Tony, I now have a new nepenthes to obsess over!

I'm not even going to ask about the nice white ring around the top of the pitcher...

You can not even imagine the huge grin I will fall asleep with on my face tonight!

Tony is a very nice guy. He has been helping me via private email correspendance with a plant I purchased from a different provider. I can't wait to move to the states to be able to purchase some of his Nepenthes... :biggrin:

Patrick

Wow got there a day ahead of time! Glad your happy with it. I meant to explain also what the black albomarginata is in the email..so I will just do it here. If you were to take a cross section of the pitcher you would find the dark purple color on the outside portion of the cells. Then a layer of green chlorophyll below that. When you look at it from our prospective you see a blackish color because the purple and green blend.

Tony

well there ya go...

I am sure with the artificial and sunlight combo I have that is making my raf almost solid red, that I should be able to pull this color out.

Congrats Ram! And JUST all of you think. I am going to VISIT Tony soon! HA! Your only what Tony? About 36 miles away? Or I say from A-Bay to Watertown is about 25 miles so yeah about 30-35. So i fall asleep with a superlarge griwn on my face as I am goign to see him and Catlani! :biggrin: <<<<See?
smile.gif

Poor Tony! You think you can put up with a hyperactive 14 year old plant enthusiast running around your green house? LOL!

Just jerkin your chain NG!
smile.gif

How can I buy plants from Tony.

go to his website
smile.gif

oh goodness,, I nearly fell over laughing at that pyro!

you can buy nepenthes from tony by clicking ont he little www link on his profile bar.

I'm having one of those smart @&#36&#36 days :biggrin:

Me too!

I came in at 12 today, and am working until 6 rather than working from 8 to 12, it's really all bonus time since I hit 55 hours for the week on wednesday. But I finally got my entire office to myself, so I have dismantled the divider between the cubicles, swept out all the crap my former inmate had, cleaned the counters, organized, and just made my work environment much more pleasing. I am now thinking of purchasing a 20 gallon tank to bring in and setup as a highlands terrarium since I have a little more space.

My office is the server room, with a dedicated airconditioner that keeps the ambient temps at 72... when the lights are on! When the lights go off and the air cycles up at night, the room goes down to 68...

it seems like a match made in heaven.

Ram, jerk my chain a little harder when I get Clipeata from Tony and offer you a cutting. :cheesy: And I am NOT hyperactive. Does it really matter our ages? I mean were all CP enthusiasts bent on CP world domination aren't we? And Tony, ignore Rambuddys post about me.

nice RP, abou how long did it take you to receive it? from order date to receival?

i havnt gotin my bical and tobaica yet and i got it forom the same place as you, also did it come in a root ball?
i got those from the same place you got yours at

i ordered them on saturday the 4th

I think I might be the youngest person in the forums, at thirteen years.

Stefano, since the whole topic is pretty much about me ordering from Tony, I assume that is who you are talking about. So It took me 3 days I think... (Not sure, to lazy to go back and count.)

If your talking about cpjungle, I naturally cancled the order.

Oh, NG, take a chill pill man. I was JOKING, I think you are the only one that missed it. When someone says 'jerking your chain' they flat out telling you it is all meant in jest.

I meant my whole post in a jest! LOL! :cheesy: I can't really "talk" and make diferent tones in my voice over a keyboard but we all do our best. I took it all in as joking! Heh! That was funny you thought I was REALLY mad or something.
smile.gif

Back