What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The sweet splat...

I can not but think nature created such a great plant...the NEP. Some of you know just how much I love carpenter ants
biggrin.gif
and the fact I feed my nep. ventricosa plenty. I usually use tweezers and toss them in (I am not sure if you remember that broken pitcher - I am still feeding it
wow.gif
, that baby must of have about 6 nice size ants in the pitcher) and watch them DIE. Well today I came home from work to see I had a carpenter ant in my terrarium running around. After watching it for about 5 minutes it found my Nep. ventricosa *evil giggle. Well after running around the nep. for awhile it found a pitcher *hehehe* and started to drink the sweet nectar.  Well got a little bit to greedy and feel in the pitcher : )  
biggrin.gif

smile.gif

biggrin.gif

smile.gif

biggrin.gif
. Then to see it drown like the little b@st@rd it is, is such a sweet feeling in your stomach that you get when you just need to jump around
biggrin.gif

I will have to say this have been a great day...9/3/2002. May be nothing of importance but thought I would share with everyone. One less ant is one less nest!

travis
smile.gif

hey,
my sarracenias are always catchin' ants i love to watch them fall in.
Kevin

I'm the same way about Japanese Beetles! I usually scream "Go back to he--!" as I drop them into the pitchers using a long forceps.
biggrin.gif

I don't even know where the JBs come from in my house! All the windows have screens... god I hate them!
mad.gif

Man, we're a twisted bunch.....
biggrin.gif

Back