What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. x mixta

Anyone have information about this hybrid. I know it's a cross between N. Maxima x Northiana. Any information about this hybrid would be appreciated.

just when i started to hate savage garden its starts helping , heres some info in the book :

theis cross betwee n. northiana and n. maxima produces huge pitchers up to a foot long . the pale green traps are heavily streaked with red , and the large, slanted mouth has a wide , lucious peristome that glistens bright red . upper pitchers are equallyimpressive but more funnel shaped , like giant cornucopias . produced by tivey in 1893 . a more richlycolored form is called n. x mixta var. sanguinea . another is n. x mixta var superba .

I am growing a rooted cutting of N. x Mixta Superba as a lowland right now. I will most likely grow it as an intermediate in the near future.

Back