What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Growth Point

I THINK that there is a new growth point coming out on my nep, but the thing is, its about an inch or two onto the stalk (almost the top of it)... Is this normal, or will it probably not be a growth point because its so high? Its a little bump, like on a cutting. Its right below the leaf that is still rolled up...

My Nepenthes Ventrata has those dormant buds above each leaf but don't grow until they decide to. After cutting the top off, the 3 top ones sprouted recently.

Your lucky i'm still helping you after mmaking fun of me for not having a Gubler nep.
sad.gif

Joe

I don't have a gubler Nep either nor do I want one! Parasuco, that bump may be just a simple "blemish on the plant but could very well be another growth point. I would just sit back and watch it.

Gang up on Greg day?

Statik - I'm sorry... But you prolly have some amazing plant that I dont have, so there! Hehehe...

NepG - Blemish? No. See, my plants dont get zits, okay? They are like me, and they are perfect. Hehehe... Well, I will watch it. All my leaves get a *little* bumps, but this one is kinda more of a shape then the rest... And its GREEN, not red with a white dot... NEPGGG!!!

Hmm......you know Parasuco I can get mean a cranky. j/k
smile.gif
:cheesy: You were shakin in your panties!
tounge.gif

OMG, how did you know I was shaking into my panties? You must have tuned in with them... Same brainwave lengthes... HA. I win... :cool:

Hey! THere will be no panty shaking here! You all are just sick!
smile.gif
Twisted little things you are!
smile.gif

You know, by not getting a gublers nepenthes you are gyping yoursefl out of a gorgeous plant. It's great to start with, and when they get older, theya re very pretty. I have a picture of one of their pitchers on my petflytrap site I believe.

Parasuco, My gublers has 2 new basal shoots that popped up about 5 inches above the ground. So it's perfectly possible. Enjoy it!

What's the big deal about it? Nice? Picture?

Ram, I think you and I have different species. Mine does not have wing at all... It has two hairs sticking straight up just before the perisotome (kinda like N. ramispina), and its not spotty, its just dusty with red... The tendril is red though... The pitcher is three inches from VERY tip of the spur, to the part where it connects with the tendril, and the tendril is about two and a half inches... I'll get a picture once the lid is fully opened up.

Back