What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

House plants

• Thread starter Tim
  • Start date
Hello, all.

What kind of Neps have you grown, or seen successfully grown, as houseplants?

I have seen and heard, N.Ventrata, N.Khasiana, N.Truncata, N.Merrilliana, N. Rafflesiana all growing as house plants. Not growing to thier best but it is possible!

hybrids and common plants, alata ventricosa (N.x.Ventrata).....just those what nepenthes gracilis says...
smile.gif

How can you grow N. merrilliana as a houseplant
wow.gif
?
confused.gif
! I thought it was a difficult lowlander.

It's not difficult just...slow. The pitchers (when formed in household conditions) are short lived because they are so thin, but Merrilliana's leaves take the abuse from thier thick cellulose layer and it will grow fine but may not pitcher that much.

Think I'll put it on my Christmas list
biggrin.gif
. Boy, that Nathaniel guy is so lucky, getting all those plants for Christmas. Wish I were him.

If you paln on getting it I highly suggest putting it in a warm terrarium. It can grow in the house but I personally would want a pitchering nepenthes, after all that what we grow them for!
smile.gif

I got 2 raffelsiana from here that I attempted to grow as a houseplant. One of them couldn't handle it so I put it in the terrarium. The other one seems to be doing ok, but growing VERY slowly. As long as the tip doesn't turn black, I'll continue to grow it in my very cold room
wink.gif
Many local growers have told me that they grow N. maxima outdoors, now that's amazing
wow.gif
I will attempt this when it gets warmer
smile.gif

Back