What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quick pics

trashcan

O:-)
Hi, I have been a little busy lately.. but I managed to take a few pics a week or so ago. I wish i had newer ones (the ampullaria, bicalcarata, and albomarginata have really taken off), but i can't find the box with my camera! ahhh.. Oh well. Have a look.

ClubPhoto Gallery

Pat

Hmm Pat, why do I have to think of fishing for compliments watching your "poorly grown CP"... :)

All the plants do in fact look very nice and happy! What amount of light level and which kind of lights do you use for them? Judging from the colouration of some of the pitchers it may be that they could take some more (no offense intended). As far as I remember you do feed them, so nutrients will be OK.

And of course there is an error in your highland setup - there is still some unused place left!!! :)

Joachim

Hi
smile.gif

In that setup the highland and lowland plants both had two 22watt, 90cm long lights (four in total). They also were receiving a bit of natural morning sunlight.

I am planning on keeping the same setup in the states for the highland plants, with hopefully more natural sunlight. As for the extra space, that's where the frozen water bottles go at night, to cool everything down.
smile.gif
. I'm looking into purchasing one of those small (and expensive unfortunately) air conditioners, and doing something similar to what swords has done.

The lowland plants have since moved to a new terrarium, they are in a 120cm long terrarium with 4 18w lights, that are each 45cm long. I'm having a little bit of problems with heat (the lights heat the terrarium to 30c, any sunlight and it gets hot very quickly), but I'm working on it.. As for the poorly grown part, in my opinion, I don't think they look very good because most of the plants in the lowland terrarium just arrived in the mail.

Wow, I didn't mean to babble that much.
smile.gif

Pat

And of course there is an error in your highland setup - there is still some unused place left!!! :)

If you send me some of your plants, I'm sure I could fill that space right up
tounge.gif

Pat

Pat is image KIF 1979 on the page a ventricosa or ventrata or alata?
I got some cuttings from my uncles pitcherless nepenthes plant on easter and now it looks just like yours with pitchers that look almost the same (darker crimison red color on mine under 240 watts of flourescent light). My uncle told me it was marked "alata" when he got it (5+ years ago) but it could have been mismarked at the greenhouse (no surprise there).

N_talangensis_small.jpg

There it is, the Nepenthes of my dreams! I don't suppose you would trade a cutting of it?

Pat

I have a N.ventricosa x talangensis that looks very much like that, but is very easey to grow.

I updated the pictures, added a few more, and added labels to identify the plants (somewhat). I wish I had a new picture of my albomarginata (it has a ton of color now), but the pictures are from the day before yesterday. Hope you enjoy them as a much as me!

Pat

(edit)
Swords:
Sorry- missed your question. I didn't look at the specific pictures, but I only grow ventrata outside, so its definitely ventricosa

Back