What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Must...Find...N. Bicalcarata

I'm trying to get ahold of an N. Bicalcarata and i'm looking for a small (5 or 6 inches max) that I don't need to import, that costs less than 25&#36 and of course is a healthy plant. I've been searching all over and everything seems to have a catch. Can someone help me out! :confused:

another person in searchin need for a bical
smile.gif

i.e. i am searchin too, hehehe

(Edited by Stefano1 at 3:34 pm on April 23, 2002)

If you grow N. bicalcarata under very warm and humid conditions (which it prefers) you will get HUGE plants in ralativly short time.
Do you have the space for 80cm long leafes ?

N. bicalcarata is NOT a terrarium plant !

Martin

i have lots of room! i have a mini green house i got for 20 dollers it is pretty neat! i want to post pics as soon as i get digital camera, and i have room i wante to put it in a hanginng pot, i just ned to find a bical to buy ;[

N. bicalcarata is pretty plentiful on the market and not usually that expensive. There are orange/yellow forms and red forms. You can check the ICPS webring for commercial growers here: http://www.carnivorousplants.org/webring/commercialsites.cgi

I just got a batch of some seed grown yellow/orange ones and some TC red ones from Borneo but it will be a couple months or so before they are established to release.
Tony

N. bicalcarata is not a suitable houseplant, i.e. wouldn't work in a typical room in a hanging pot. It needs high humidity and warm temps in order to pitcher well, which is why I plan to move it into my bathroom in the Fall after we move to the new apartment, and I plan to keep the bathroom door closed all the time for it. Let's just hope it doesn't outgrow my terrarium by then, though I'm sure it probably will, lol. It has more than doubled in size in the past three months! =P

yea, i plan to keep it outside. in my porch

Haha! We should start a IWABC. I want a bical club. :cheesy: I got a hold of a guy that for a total of &#3616 said he would sell it to me, but hey! I don't even know if I have &#3616 to spend! ack!

wow 16&#36 sounds a little expensive to me

really! I have always seen them for like &#3635-40!!!

!!!!! thats alot!!!!!!

larry said he got his for 5&#36!

&#365! :eek: where! &#3616 does include s&h. The plant itself (3-4inches diameter) is &#368. gosh! where did larry go! tell-tell-tell!

could I possibly keep it in a 2' by 5'8'' area? Also if I made the conditions not quite as favorable (i.e. made it highland conditions or something) could I restrict the growth. My problem is that I don't have the money to maintain and greenhouse right now. Although I might have access to one in the future...

i think he got it from the lacps metting, hehe

Back