What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. venticosa

Hi im thinking about getting a N.Venticosa and i was wondering if it would live in a green house that i use for sarrs, it gets about 5 or more hours of sun, maitains about 60 to 75 degrees F temp of November, and at night from 50 to sometimes 35 degrees F, im not sure exactly what the humidity is, but i do know that it does get humid!So will these be the right necessities for a ventricosa? If not what will stand these?
Kevin

what are the summer conditions of the g/h

in the spring the greenhouse is 65 to 75ish degrees F during the day and 60 to 50 or 45 sometimes at night.The humidity is up and down. During the summer, the greenhouse is 70 to 90 degrees (in full bright sun) and at night it cools down to 65 to 55 and 50 degrees F, thanks,
Kevin

will a N. Gracilis work for my greenhouse? Or a rafflesainia?
How often do they need to be watered?will the tray method work for ant of these (N. venticosa is 1st priority)
                  Kevin

i think that it might get to cold for it in the winter. 40-45 is max low temp. your summer if you can keep it down to at least 80 degress you will be ok with it

I would stick with N. ventricosa or N. khasiana. Both can take a very wide temperature range without too much difficulty. If it freezes however then you will have a problem. Most lowlands will not appreciate the colder temperatures. N. truncata can handle it provided the days are warm.

They should be kept moist. Yes you can keep them in a tray however it would be best to let them drain freely so they don't stay too wet and rot the roots. If you do keep them on a tray, it is a good idea to only let a little water sit in it and dry out a little between waterings.
Tony

You deffinately couldn'tgrow any lowlands like N. gracilis, or N. rafflesiana. You would need to keep the temps at about 65-70 F at night, to 80 F max during the day to grow most nepenthes and sarracenia together satisfactory. Hope that helps.

wow, thanks alot for all the info, i made a little mistake, it was just one morning when i walked outside, about 8 in the morning, i walked in, the vents were all open, and it was cold!eoll it stays around 40 during the nights and mornings, thanks again very much,
Kevin

Back