0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

********** sells nepenthes ventricosa, a great windowsill plant

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spectabilis73, Pft is in the Usa right? I'm from Holland, so do they ship overseas, and is it legal? Also, I can't find them on the site, only N. rafflesiana & N. truncata....

Edit: Never mind, I just found it [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif[/img]

Greetings & happy growing,

WildFire

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is a great plant, especially PFT's, but unfortunately, as of now, they can't ship overseas... GOOD LUCK in your search!! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/alien.gif[/img]
    I am back..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, Lithopsman! When I discoverd PFT doesn't send overseas, I went searsching for someting closer to home. After a while, I found this website that specializes in Nepenthes, and its nurserie is in Germany. So, I can order like anything from their if I want!

Greetings & Happy growing,

WildFire

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wildfire,
    Seems like you've gotten tons of response to growing Neps on sills. Let me chime in. I grow all of my lowlanders as houseplants on windowsills or buy a sunny window. This includes some of the more demanding species like N. bicalcarata and N. northiana. Another words, give it a go! There are so many great Neps at cheap prices that will grow in homes like yours. Once acclimated to your household conditions, they pretty much grow like regular ol' houseplants. You might even be able to grow outdoors too with some of your highlanders. Hybrids do especially well indoors with minimal expenditures. Good water, light, and soil and you should do fine. Tony is great source for quality Neps and advice. If you want, you can visti Nepenthes Around the House my page for information. Don't be afraid to experiment with these great plants!
    Joel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote (NepsAroundTheHouse @ Sep. 19 2003,03:53)
    Wildfire,
    Seems like you've gotten tons of response to growing Neps on sills. Let me chime in. I grow all of my lowlanders as houseplants on windowsills or buy a sunny window. This includes some of the more demanding species like N. bicalcarata and N. northiana. Another words, give it a go! There are so many great Neps at cheap prices that will grow in homes like yours. Once acclimated to your household conditions, they pretty much grow like regular ol' houseplants. You might even be able to grow outdoors too with some of your highlanders. Hybrids do especially well indoors with minimal expenditures. Good water, light, and soil and you should do fine. Tony is great source for quality Neps and advice. If you want, you can visti Nepenthes Around the House my page for information. Don't be afraid to experiment with these great plants!
    Joel[/QUOTE]
    Hi Wildfire,
    I am in England and have found quite a number of highland & even lowland like windowsills.
    Currently I have N.ventricosa x inermis & straight N.ventricosa on my kitchen windowsill. And N. coccinea & N.merrilliana x alata on my bathroom window. I never mist them, only stand them on upturned pots over a small dish of water. So give it a try!

Hi Joel,
    What a great web site you have there! An inspiration for us all [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

cheers

bill

Hot, humid Singapore....but unfortunately, in a flat 7 stories up, sunlight blocked by tall buildings.......
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey wildfire im from singapore...
    all the cps selling in singapore are shipped from a huge nusery in holland...maybe you should try to find out what the nusery is
    A lady went into a grocery store and looked into the turket section. She needed a bigger one for her family, so she asks the stock boy: \"Do these turkeys get any bigger?\"

The stock boy replied: \"No ma'am, they're dead\"

Msn/email - wezx1@hotmail.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I have found a nursery in my country, but it doesn't sell any nepenthes though... so thats why I have to look in other countrys for that kind of plants... Maybe the plants come from that other nursery, that is not open to public....it seems to be really big... You can't order from them though..... its called carniflora or something....

Greetings & happy growing,

WildFire

9. Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12