What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown Nepenthes

well, I hate to say it, but it looks some what like a ventricosa to me...

do you have a nursery label any where? do you know who produced it? Gublers?

I think it is fun to try and identify mystery plants, but we all need to remember, it will always be a mystery, we can not for certain determine this plants heredity, and as such, it should only be traded as an 'unknown'. if it is, say, sanguinea, or a hybrid of thorelli, and you trade it to someone who is looking for ventricosa, to cross later and create a new complex hybrid, then you have pretty much given that person a costly detour..

Just my 2 cents of caution!
wink.gif
but I do think ventricosa or ventrata!

on the containor it came in said bloom right and on the side of the containor Nurserymen's
Exchange,INC.
confused.gif

Thanks for the help!
Spectabilis73
P.S.I'm sure it's not ventrincosa cause it has a wing ventrincosas don't have wings

I don't think it's a ventricosa either, because of the wings mainly. It looks vaguely similar to the spathulata x veitchii that I grow, but it's a different hybrid, especially if it has a red lid. It may be a veitchii hybrid of some sort, as Nep G suggested. Sanguinia do have a very similar coloration on the pitcher, but the opening is larger on sanguinia.

exta post, so everyone can see the pic of my Nep. for my next topic
biggrin.gif

can anyone transfer the pic of my nep. to "Nep. in pure peat"? thanks
biggrin.gif

I think your nepenthes is x judith finn for sure.

sp has anybody figured out exactly what this nep is
biggrin.gif

Back