Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I can now take good pictures!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I signed up for a VISA and I actually got it (my first real credit card not just a Atm/Visa) so I had to go and get that Nikon Coolpix right away instead of saving up another 2 weeks pay! Here's two pics that I took having read only the "quick start" guide using autofocus with only a bit of zoom... lightyears better than my old Kodak!

N hamatas (for some reason I didn't rotate the pot-too excited I guess [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img] ):

N. judith Finn the largest pitcher yet (about 5") not yet colored up:

Now I have to tackle the instruction book to take even better shots! Good cameras are fun!

BTW anyone wanna buy a blurry 2 MP Kodak with no focus features? (just kidding)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thous are some really clear pictures u took there. you actaully mean you can even focus that in better. judith looks really good there and hamata well some day i will have one. thanks for sharing the pics
    George McKay

In The End We are All Dead
    Florida

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks!

I hope my post didn't come off as me "bragging" I'm just so happy to finally have a decent camera! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice pics! I love my Nikon.. I end up using it for a whole lot more than I figured I would when I bought it.

Plants look good Swords ;>
    Tony
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no, i didn't think you where bragging, heck i would be playing with my new camrea too and seeing what it could do.
    the judith i have just starting recover from being in the nursery. stoppen in there Mon. and come to find out that they use well water on the plants there and it melts the pitchers. so it is just starting to form them now. heck velvet has put out some nice size pitchers 6" long.
    George McKay

In The End We are All Dead
    Florida

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow !

The N. hamata is fantastic ! How big are the pitchers (whats the size of the caros at the paper ?) and whats the diamter of the plant ? And how long do you have it ?

Martin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! I love the hamata and have needed one ever since I saw a picture of one! The pitchers are only 3 & 4" now but that's ok cos it seems to just make bigger & bigger pitchers each time. Mine turns purple with black speckling after the pitchers harden off I can't wait to see the mature pitchers! I don't even care for the uppers since they're usually just green.

I got my hamata back in June from our pal Tony. I think it was the first Nep I ever mailordered, It was almost an instant purchase, no second thoughts I was getting one! After I recieved it it lost all it's pitchers due to my not knowing that the AC I was pumping into the terrarium at night was drying out the air to 40% humdiity! But after I hooked up the humidifier to the AC it put out a bunch of new leaves quite vigorously and started making pitchers again. In the last two months it has really taken off, I attribute it to the cooler daytimes than in the summer but I gues I won't know if temps are part of it until next summer. It's about 8" across now and during winter gets temps of 70-80*F daytime and 60-65*F at night. In the summer it gets a wider range of 80-85*F daytime and 55*F at night due to the A/C being pumped in from 12pm til 8 am

(whats the size of the caros at the paper ?) [/QUOTE]
    ? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/confused.gif[/img] I'm sorry I don't understand whats a "caros"? Are you asking about the greyish squares behind the plants? That's some very sturdy plastic "chicken wire" I use to hang small plants in net pots from the back and sides of the enclosure. They are roughly 1 1/4" x 1 1/4" in size.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Swords,

Great pics. How does one pump AC into a terrerium? I have been wondering about this problem for a while.

Regards,

Joe

9. Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast