Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: N. ventricosa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Well, yesterday I got Nep. The only thing is, I have no idea how to take care of it, because I haven't read anything detailed on it. It's a N. ventricosa that grew from a cutting, but it does not look like the photo on **********.com. It's got 2 mature pichers and one baby, they are all red. It looks to be planted in the bark style mix for Neps, but that is about all I know about it. Oh and it has no fluid in it's mature pichers. Any information would be great! Thanks so much.
    There is no item greater in value than life, for without life value would cease to exist.
    My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    N. ventricosa is a highland plant, so you should give it temperature drops during the night for best growth. There isn't any fluid in them because the pitchers were probably emptied before shipping. N. ventricosa is very hardy and easy to grow.
    Paradise found is paradise lost
    -The Future Of Life
    The world is just big enough for us to not realize how small it really is.

Change is the only thing constant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Darcie,
    I have found that if you don't replace the fluid in the pitcher, it will dry up pretty fast. I filled the pitchers on my new neps about 1/3 full with pure water, and they lasted a good while (almost until the plants came out of transport shock). When I didn't do that, the pitchers would dry up in a couple of weeks.
    Other than that, do a google search on "nepenthes ventricosa" and you should pull up lots of good stuff.
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    N. ventricosa will tolorate lowland conditions also but, keep it on the cooler side and the humidity up and it will do fine.
    George McKay

In The End We are All Dead
    Florida

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

Okay, cool. The adding of the fluid and humidity was my biggest consern. However, this plant was never shipped and I'm guessing the CP guy emptied it so people would be able to bring it home easyer (it is a cutting from the Fredrick Meijer Gardens CP Growers greenhouse [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img] )

I'll be sure to give it some water in it's mature pitures now. Thanks all [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img] (I'll also do a serch once I can get my laptop hooked up)

-Darcie
    There is no item greater in value than life, for without life value would cease to exist.
    My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay. Good news. I went out to try and figure out why my plant didn't look like the N. ventricosa I had seen befor and it is because it is the 'Red' varrient. Anyways, I fixed it up by my grow lights for now and I'll put it in a terrarium as soon as I get one. It seems to be a happy little plant as it's largest baby picher seems to have notably increased in size since yesterday [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img] Reminds me of a VFT in peek growth.
    My Grow List