Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 334

Thread: Nepenthes the GREAT picture thread!

  1. #171
    killerplantsguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    N. CA
    Posts
    486
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That xtrusmadiensis is a real beast, Paul. Thanks for sharing.

  2. #172
    Whimgrinder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,868
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by killerplantsguy View Post
    That xtrusmadiensis is a real beast, Paul. Thanks for sharing.
    Indeed it is. And to think three years ago I balked at spending so much $$ on a tiny plantlet of it!

  3. #173
    Christian James Ambanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hamakua Coast, Hawaii
    Posts
    392
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you don't happen to have a photo of it three years ago and how it is today, would be a great comparison of what to expect - well, what to expect w exceptional conditions like you have ;-) Probably about time I put some money down for one... they are just too spectacular

  4. #174
    Whimgrinder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,868
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambanja View Post
    you don't happen to have a photo of it three years ago and how it is today, would be a great comparison of what to expect - well, what to expect w exceptional conditions like you have ;-) Probably about time I put some money down for one... they are just too spectacular

    I don't think I do, Chris. It was quite small though - no more than 4" across and one tiny half dried pitcher when it arrived. Maybe four leaves in total. It fit nicely in a 2.5" round pot at that time ;-) I got it from - who else? - Tony Paroubek.

  5. #175
    Whimgrinder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,868
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Dreaded "burb-eddie" - a difficult, perplexing hybrid that wants to defy every attempt to cultivate it and prompt it towards perfection (NOT a recommended variety):

    [IMG]https://**************************************/2014/11/burb-eddie-web.jpg[/IMG]
    Last edited by Whimgrinder; 11-02-2014 at 08:39 AM.

  6. #176
    PsychoSarah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    618
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whimgrinder View Post
    The Dreaded "burb-eddie" - a difficult, perplexing hybrid that wants to defy every attempt to cultivate it and prompt it towards perfection (NOT a recommended variety):

    [IMG]https://**************************************/2014/11/burb-eddie-web.jpg[/IMG]
    It sure does produce brilliant pitchers though, I must say
    Come to me flies and crawling bugs. This plant wants to give you great big hugs
    Aren't I pretty, don't I smell good? I'd come to you if I could
    But I can't so you must come to me, I'm sure we will get along splendidly

  7. #177
    Whimgrinder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,868
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A motley crew:
    [IMG]https://**************************************/2014/12/img_0178.png[/IMG]

  8. #178
    Formerly pond boy Ngantnier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Onawa, IA
    Posts
    437
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    N .lowii x truncata, jamban, spectabilis and what's the 4th nep?

  9. #179
    theplantman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Athens, GA
    Posts
    973
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like that photo considerably

  10. #180
    Whimgrinder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,868
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngantnier View Post
    N .lowii x truncata, jamban, spectabilis and what's the 4th nep?
    N. bongso is visible in the lower left corner, and N. tenuis at upper left as well. There is also a group of seedlings: N. (ventricosa X spectabilis) X tenuis

Similar Threads

  1. First picture thread :D (DUW)
    By Halt in forum General Discussions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-19-2009, 09:13 PM
  2. Picture thread. Yay.
    By Capensis in forum General Discussions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-15-2009, 02:28 PM
  3. Yet another picture thread
    By ilbasso in forum General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-29-2008, 06:18 AM
  4. The great growlist thread
    By NepenthesMaster in forum General Discussions
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 01-28-2005, 08:26 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •