Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Nepenthes the GREAT picture thread!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This came to me as N. burbidgea a couple years ago (from seed), but it has got to be an introgressed fusca/burbidgea hybrid. Disappointing, but quite pretty just the same.
    [IMG]https://**************************************/2015/06/img_8733-0.jpg[/IMG]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, that's really cool. Definitely harder to find than the pure species. I briefly owned a fusca x burb and the leaves were pretty apparent looking back. Do you have a photo of those?
    Truth as Circe. Error has transformed animals into men; is truth perhaps capable of changing man back into an animal?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whimgrinder View Post
    This came to me as N. burbidgea a couple years ago (from seed), but it has got to be an introgressed fusca/burbidgea hybrid. Disappointing, but quite pretty just the same.
    [IMG]https://**************************************/2015/06/img_8733-0.jpg[/IMG]
    I honestly really like the look of that one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mato View Post
    Wow, that's really cool. Definitely harder to find than the pure species. I briefly owned a fusca x burb and the leaves were pretty apparent looking back. Do you have a photo of those?
    Since im not sure what to look for as regards burbidgea foliage, I don't know what the species leaves are supposed to look like. I'll get you a photo - see what you think. Johnny thinks this is more like 2/3 fusca or something. Who knows?!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heli View Post
    I honestly really like the look of that one.
    Dont get me wrong, I do too! I think it's very striking, and as it's not a man-made hybrid, I'm far more inclined to keep it anyway. (Naturally-occurring hybrids have more intrinsic value to me)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whimgrinder View Post
    Dont get me wrong, I do too! I think it's very striking, and as it's not a man-made hybrid, I'm far more inclined to keep it anyway. (Naturally-occurring hybrids have more intrinsic value to me)
    Same here! It captures that moment where nature is trying new things out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a great nep Paul , I love natural hybrids personally , took a few pics of my n.burbidgea , don't know if they are of use to you mine has quite red leaves compared to some

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by corky View Post
    That's a great nep Paul , I love natural hybrids personally , took a few pics of my n.burbidgea , don't know if they are of use to you. mine has quite red leaves compared to some
    Thanks for those photos, very useful, in fact. My hybrid has foliage that is much more fusca-like. I still need to get a photo to compare.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The leaves of burbidgeae can differ a bit. I have a few different plants and only a couple are similar to the extent of being able to identify the plant by the leaves alone. What I noticed about the fusca x burbidgeae, however, was that the plant itself was much more glabrous than any of the burbidgeae and the petioles tended to to remain open and almost flat (can't think of the correct term off the top of my head). They were definitely more fusca-like. That being said, I can see a lot of burb in that pitcher. Just a guess, but I wouldn't be surprised if the pitchers become rounder as the plant grows, as burbidgeae seems to have several stages of "lowers" in that regard.

And hey, if you want the real thing, I'd be happy to switch it out for you.
    Truth as Circe. Error has transformed animals into men; is truth perhaps capable of changing man back into an animal?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nepenthes macrophylla, BE clone:
    [IMG]https://**************************************/2015/06/img_8849.jpg?w=700[/IMG]