What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes the GREAT picture thread!

img_1924.jpg

aristolochioides X spectabilis

I am still firmly of the opinion that plant is cultivar-worthy....I have never seen another Nepenthes, let alone N. naga, getting as dark as yours....

I am still firmly of the opinion that plant is cultivar-worthy....I have never seen another Nepenthes, let alone N. naga, getting as dark as yours....

Actually, I have a couple seed-grown N. bongso that have very similar coloring. And I believe there are a few other clones of naga from this seed lot that are just as impressive as mine.

I'm starting to suspect Whimgrinder used Zymol on his pitchers, because they're always so beautifully glossy, rich and shiny.

A huge seed grown Nepenthes hamata from Gunung Lumut that we received from a good friend recently. I had traded him the plant around 3 years ago as a tiny seedling and he grew the hell out of it.
Untitled by _Heli, on Flickr

Wow Heli that hamata is wicked impressive i love the coloring its so deep red and had a wide perisome kinda shaped like tentaculatas perisome :)

Ummm...sibuyanensis x 'Lady Pauline'? That's the best I've got...

sibuyanensis x spectabilis?

I take back my original guess... but then I also cheated and looked on your blog, so I won't spoil it for others :)

Nepenthes villosas from seed:
Nepenthes villosa by _Heli, on Flickr
Nepenthes villosa by _Heli, on Flickr

Nepenthes hamata (Gunung Lumut)
Nepenthes hamata by _Heli, on Flickr

Nepenthes argentii
Nepenthes argentii by _Heli, on Flickr

Nepenthes lingulata
Nepenthes lingulata by _Heli, on Flickr

Nepenthes edwardsiana
Nepenthes edwardsiana (Tambuyukon) by _Heli, on Flickr

Nepenthes spectabilis
Nepenthes spectabilis (Pangulubao) by _Heli, on Flickr

Nepenthes stenophylla
Nepenthes stenophylla by _Heli, on Flickr

Nepenthes macfarlanei
Nepenthes macfarlanei by _Heli, on Flickr

Nepenthes faizaliana
Nepenthes faizaliana by _Heli, on Flickr

Nepenthes x kinabaluensis seed grown
Nepenthes x kinabaluensis (Gunung Kinabalu) by _Heli, on Flickr

Nepenthes macrophylla seed grown
Nepenthes macrophylla by _Heli, on Flickr

Nepenthes macrophylla
Nepenthes macrophylla by _Heli, on Flickr

Nepenthes edwardsiana (Marai Parai) from seed

Nepenthes hamata red hairy

Nepenthes hurrelliana from seed

Nepenthes adrianii x burbidgeae

Nepenthes lowii x fusca

Nepenthes aristolochioides from seed

My plants and his are entirely mixed together. We have pretty much come to the agreement that by the time I have the capacity to have my own collection again, everything will be huge and propagatable so we will end up both having the same plant. There are a few exceptions of course (i.e. The super slow growing & difficult species). Most of the photos I have just posted are mine, with the exception of a few species and the large EP hybrids. I don't know if I'll even be posting content on this forum for much longer because every time I do there is minimal response from the community, the Facebook groups have become exponentially more active.

Back