What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Second chance Nep

Greetings everyone! I purchased an unknown Nep refugee(I call it a refugee because it was in the
dark recesses of the garden department  at Lowe's along with many other sickly CP's), for a dollar.
Unfortunately, the top two new-growth leaf petioles had been broken off and the plant was an olive
drab color with shriveled, pitiful looking pitchers. After four weeks the leaves have turned to a bright
green color and the five surviving pitchers have filled out with two of them opening now. But no new
top growth. I know the plant is putting  it's energy into restoring the leaves and pitchers, but can someone
tell me how long I can expect for new growth to reappear?

Perhaps the growing tip was injured as well? Usually it takes a month or two for Nepenthes to settle in to their new homes. What are your growing conditions like?
Tony

I have it in an enclosure that is roughly 5' L by 3' W by 3' H with six 40 watt tubes of various spectrums. This one, along with four other neps are located just off the end of the flourescents where the light is bright, but not as bright as the center area where the light is intense enough for VFT's and Drosceras and about 11" below the lights. Temps are 90 degrees day and 76d at night. Humidity varies from 60 to 70% in the day and is always 86% at night when the lights are off.

Back