Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: bicalcarata

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I currently have purchased a 4 inch diameter Bical...and I've had it for about a month..or so...It seems to like my condtions...I have two flourecents that are 15 watt in a ten gallon tank...Humidity has never dropped below 60...because..I don't think it can :P So far it has made four pitchers and 6 new leaves...The pitchers get about twice as big as the previous one [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img] I also have put tinfoil around the tank..to increase lighting..I don't think 30 watts is enough..but it seems to like it. The pitchers are pretty red and are very pretty... I hope this helps....

Oh yea..I have an ultrasonic fogger that comes on hourly to mist it along with a mini-fan that circulates the air...It seems to like the fog and seeps up the water quickly. I don't really water it, because of all the constant fog..so basically all I do is change out the water each month :P
    I share your sorrow and your grief…Numberless times I convey my anguish.....

This is my story.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmmm....My bical grows nicely, but not nearly that fast. It's still really small (I got it at like 2 1/2 or 3") about two months ago. It's grown two leaves, and pitchered once....doesn't that sound a little slow? It's about 8-10" below 5 4' tubes...perhaps I should reduce the distance a tad?
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cerius, your plant seems to be doing well. My conditions will be similar to that. Hehe, I remember you got yours with no pitchers. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you got the same plant as me. (Cerius) (red flush) from the same company.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12