Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: pic of my tobaica that doesnt pitcher

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is getting 37 watts of flourescent light. There is a 23 watt lamp and a 14 watt lamp. The 14 watt lamp is equivelant to 60 regular watts. The plant is about half a foot from one of the lights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've got this (if it's the one from the European supplier)plant at our place, and I've noticed they tend to produce traps in bunches. It won't pitcher for a while, then suddenly it goes into pitcher mode, making new traps on several leaves simultaneously. We've had ventricosa do this too.

Trent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all:

I have a theory regarding plants such sibuyanensis, ventricosa, argentii or any other plant that comes from the philippines. If the plant is labelled a lowland or highland, well, don't take the description so serious. My ventricosa loves warm weather and it gives the best pitchers in warm weather.
    Furthermore, truncata lowland ( also from the philippines) can tolerate cold nights as long as the temperature does not go below 40 F. This is very unusual because the true lowlands such as rafflesiana or ampullaria or bicalcarata will dry up completely in these temperatures. Furthermore, i would not be surprised if truncata highland can tolerate warm weather as well.
    So far all the highlands and lowlands from the philippines like intermediate to conditions. Please correct me if there is one that is strictly a highland or lowland and come from the philippines.

The reason why i am mentioning this is because, Tobaica even though not from the philippines, but from lake toba is usually mislabelled as a highland when it behaves more like a intermediate-lowland to me. it has not pitchered yet since early this year, so i hope that by summer, it would start to pitcher. (i am growing 80% of my stock outdoors) Thanks

Gus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found mine in a supermarket, of all places, labled $5.99 house plant. There were no pitchers at the time and I had it ina sunny window tank and it took off. I had to take it home from work, because some health nuts heard it was carnivorous and did not want bugs running around loose in the office.

Regards,

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]because some health nuts heard it was carnivorous and did not want bugs running around loose in the office.
    Huh? They figured there'd be bugs because it was carnivorous? Isn't that kinda reverse logic? You'de think there would be FEWER bugs... Some people....
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WELL, using the bag on leaf trick by Cindy (I think i used it on this leaf), the plant now has what should turn into a pitcher with good conditions!!! (little green mini pitcher thing) YAAY! so it just needed the humidity, good thing too, now I can mist it with the ultrasonic humidifier.. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif[/img] By the way, at least a good start: the basal shoots pitchered some, though possibly not all. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12