Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nepenthes from garden centre

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, i'm not new here but i was a forum member ages ago back in 2001-2002 anyway i just recently saw some nepenthes in a garden centre and decided to get a hybrid and geez it is growing really well compared to the "normal" ones i used to have in 1999. Anyhow here is a pic of my new N.ventrata(N.alata x N. ventricosa) x N.alata. It seemed a good find here in australia seeming it is hard to find neps in nurserys here. I have had it for two weeks and it seems to be doing great, pitchering and everything. To the right you can see a small pitcher and just to the left of it in the back is a new forming pitcher which looks like a melon, it should open in about a week i guess. Anyway this hybrid doesn't seem to mind drier conditions-in fact when i brought it the soil was bone dry but i'm guessing the nursery i got it from didn't know how to keep it. I watered it and it has thrown up two pitchers so i guess all it needed was a bit of moisture. Tell me what you think, thanks.

[img]C:\My Documents\My Pictures\Kodak Pictures\2003-11-02\Chris plant 2 Nov 03.jpg[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your picture does not display. It appears that it is linked to your hard drive. You will need to find a image hosting service or website to upload your image to. If you need some space for images, you will find some space hosted by **********.

http://home.**********.com/communityindex.html
    Nick

Careful where you crawl, it might be a trap!

http://www.carnivorium.com
    http://www.buckeyecarnivores.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    can u see it now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It may be hard to find neps in nurseries, but you have some outstanding places in Austrailia to get them from(Southern Carnivores, Exotica, ect).

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey!

Welcome back! I gave a friend here in California a N. ventrata x alata. It's a really robust, easy-growing hybrid. She's growing it in a window in her living room in Oakland, CA, and it's doing great. It has very large pitchers for it's size with a nice red color. If I see another one of these around, I'll buy it.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is sooooo easy to grow!!!!!!!! And the pitches are really big and it's just sittin outside...i live in centeral QLD which is in the middle of no where and we don't have any humidity just dry heat. It is really deserty out here so yeah.I'm happy with the great growth with no hassle what so ever!!!!!!

Can u see this?

http://home.**********.com/mexico1....003.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, I can see it. Some pretty large and nice looking pitchers you have there!

A healthy Nep!

SF

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast