What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The gubler nep....

• Thread starter Nflytrap
  • Start date
Hehe, it's probably one of their messed up N. x ventratas
biggrin.gif
. I know mine has some odd growth habits. When I first baught it, the growth point turned into a little fist and decayed. Then, it made 3 growth points, and they were all growing fine, exepct for the occasional lid deformity on the pitchers. Then, the highest growth point makes a tiny white leaflet, which would have no hope of turning into a regular leaf. The thing just looks wierd...

Sounds like that, nathaniel. On the up side, it's been pretty fun to watch! And it does grow quickly and pitchers regularly. It's just, well.... it's not right.
rock.gif
I'm a little bit frightened by it, actually.

Capslock

Ok, here's the genetic mutant. On this picture, you can see one of the lidless traps. Two other pitchers have sort of vestigal lids. The other side is the wierd multi-growth point. This is one messed-up nep!
N.%20x%20Home%20Depot3.JPG

Capslock

WIERD!!! That's almost hard to look at!

SF

Whoa thats a pretty crazy looking nep!

Mine looks indentical to yours besides the lidless traps, though maybe thats why its still nameless.

It seems to have its own problems. See how in the first pitcher part of the wing is missing(here we go again!) the second pitcher has lost almost all the wing! I guess thats deformed.....(watches as nepenthes looks across the room and wishes it could eat me)....

Plantakiss: Is the first photo fine? I didn't edit that one. All these photos got the same treatment besides a different host.....though i'll compress them next time as the thing grows.

I got a maxima hybrid of some sort.....it actually looks quite good.....

Back