Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The gubler nep....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If someone knows whats wrong with the 2nd and 3rd pics, let me know....all I did was use a different host.

The nep itself.

The pitcher opened(hmm..what has the computer been up to this time...Im sure it wasnt that blurry when I took it!)

Another pic of a pitcher.
    1 Nxventrata

D. muscipula & D. muscipula 'Red Dragon'(barely)

Sarracenia leucophylla(seedling)

S. purpurea and Drosera filiformis filiformis/ intermedia seeds waiting to sprout.

Drosera capensis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice did you just get that
    if you did it will get some good color soon
    mine did [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img]
    I love nepenthes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its been around for 2 weeks now. The pitcher in both pictures was half done when I bought the plant.
    1 Nxventrata

S. purpurea and Drosera filiformis filiformis/ intermedia seeds waiting to sprout.

Drosera capensis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    give it a while and some light for some nice coloration
    I love nepenthes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the 2 last pics may need some resizing . otherwise thats a very nice plant , its weird because gublers neps are starting to get more common but i just can't grow these lil guys succesfully and i'm still waiting for a pitchers afetr a couple moths considering that my toerh neps otehr then gublers are doing well .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It almost looks like a N. X Judith Finn to me... See if the peristome turns red in a couple of weeks.

SF

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im not to sure if its apparent in the picture but hers a description of that pitcher and a newer one which should open soon. The plant seems to be slowing down, maybe because of the temps and light in the house now.

The pitcher is very light green as shown in the first photo of the plant, with the veins slightly darker. The picture that came with it(gubler cup, I cannot imagine how it fitted in their, or remember how I got it out!) showed a plant with very short tendrils and yellow pitchers with bright red veins....but thats the picture anyway so it might not be the same plant! You can see on that pitcher that a part of the wing is missing.

Now, on the second pitcher, very little of the wing is left, just a black line where it was "supposed" to be. I went to the ICp's homepage and viewed a young Bicac seedling they had pictured....with very large wings. Also, i've viewed all you board memebers awesome pics, and lots of the neps have just 2 lines where the wings would be....like they wer stitched together or something like that. Does this mean that as plants get older, some of them loose this feature?
    1 Nxventrata

Drosera capensis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like n.sanguinea to me. I have one, and the way the stem and leaves grow it's similar. I'm no expert, anyone else want to chime in?
    A flytrap ate my homework!
    -Michelle

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast