Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: We're now selling HUGE nepenthes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are beautiful plants and real attention getters. And they are big. The N. Miranda can get huge leaves easily two and a half feet long. The 'hybrid vigor' makes them really good growers and prolific pitcher producers.
    I know a lot of Nepenthephiles only want species, but a fine hybrid can be extremely rewarding and horticulturally beautiful. Personally, I would like to see more hybridizing with highland crossed to lowland species. The resultant offspring of these types of crosses are very adaptive to different environments. With a bit of forethought and lots of luck, imagine crosses of rafflesiana onto burbidgea or carunculata robusta. How about a red ampullaria onto gymnamphora. All it takes is the right male and female blooming at the same time-not the easiest condition to meet.
    Any of you folks interested in these matters, contact me personally. Maybe we can revive the Nepenthes Dating Service.

Trent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Guys,

You're right on the naming of the plants and the origin.

Our prices are going to reflect the inbound freight costs we have from the greenhouses in Holland... and permits, etc.

So here in the US, through us.... we're shooting for a mid price of 30.00.

Depending on pot size.
    Phillip J. Crane
    Austin, TX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup. I'll be getting one of these.

Capslock

Maybe two.
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Phil,
    THose are AWESOME plants, could we please get some info on the current conditions that these plants are in? I would like to adapt one to my windowsill if at all possible. THANKS A MILLION!! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/unclesam.gif[/img]
    I am back..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the third one (N. Miranda possibly). It is a fast grow monster with pitchers a foot tall and leaves two feet long. The vine is well over a foot tall now and show no sign of flowering yet, just continous monster growth. Absolutely beautiful plant, hybrid or not, I love it.

Joe
    Signature.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Miranda (N x Mixta, ?) grows LARGE. The pitchers get about a foot long. People that don't know what neps are always comment on the Miranda pitchers. I've got a couple in 16" hanging baskets on the porch. Mine looked a bit overwhelmed by the sun when I got them, red went to brown in some cases. Since the mid-Summer: boom! The largest, king-of-all pitchers just opened. It's right at a foot, not counting the lid. Coccinea grows like a weed also. The leaves and pitchers are not quite as difficult to house as the Miranda.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

Hi,

MMMMMMMMMM. I am so tempted. This are all lowlanders, right?

Bobby

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lowlander? This thing could survive ON the sun. My greenhouse gets close to 100degrees in the summer and this thing loves it, only three feet from the kwatt MH if that. Plenty of humidity of course.

joe
    Signature.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast