What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes jacquelineae

Hello all,
I have been looking around for pictures of people's Nepenthes jacquelineaes for quite some time, with little luck, particularly in the plants since they have pitchered in the new conditions... Most of the pictures I found were from several months ago with little plants whose tendrils were just about to elongate, but did not currently have pitchers. I know Jeremiah and swords have these plants, and I would LOVE to see pictures! You will find out why I am so interested soon, but I'm sure you all have guesses!
biggrin.gif

cool.gif

smile.gif

unclesam.gif
 THANKS A MILLION!

Hey Lithopsman,

Below  are a few unsteady shots of my N. jacquelineae, taken after readng your post. The peristome is expanding with each new pitcher and the tendril attachment is acute so I'm hoping that it is a true N. jacquelineae and not the N. jacquelineae x izumae hybrid that Borneo showed some months ago when he showed some real nice seedlings of each.

The whole plant, about 8 cm diameter.
jacqplant1103.jpg

Front of pitcher. Sorry, at the small size of 2 cm it's hard to get a good shot without reflection on the tiny peristome, even without a flash bulb
jacqfront1103.jpg

Side profile of 2 cm pitcher
jacqside1103.jpg

Thanks for the pictures, they are very helpfu! That certainly appears to be a true-blue jacquelineae, but even the hybrid with izumae would most likely be a nice plant! Sure, a little over-priced, but neat nontheless... I can't wait to get this guy! (Ok, the secret is out)
tounge.gif
Swords, I always like looking at your pictures of pitchers! THANKS!!
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
unclesam.gif
cool.gif

The only Nep I consider out of my reach is N. argentii. As far as using the word "overpriced" goes, when it comes to rare plants that I desire - the price tag rarely stops me (within reason). I am just a 40 hr a week wage slave, not a orchid nursery owner who can drop a few hundred or thousand on a single plant or buying trip. I will acquire one after I sell some mature N. hamata cuttings but that's not gonna be for a while yet as I'm gonna let it make some uppers before I cut it.

Josh,

Just wondering, where did you get it? Reply off-list if you prefer.

Rob

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Borneo @ Nov. 16 2003,7:00)]Just wondering, where did you get it?
Hi Rob,

AFAIK Borneo Exotics is the only nursery which shipped N. jacquelineae up to now. Sadly none of these plants ended in my terrarium
sad.gif
- I have to wait until next spring...

Cheers Joachim

I thought Wistuba released some this past summer...?

Wistuba did relaease a few this past late summer/early fall... I would assume, however, that most plants stateside are from Rob and Borneo Exotics. Thanks again for the pictures!!
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
unclesam.gif
cool.gif

Bloody excellent! How long have you had it?

Nuts to coming for a visit some day Jeremiah!  I'm coming down and moving in to your green house so I can stare at your Neps all day.
laugh.gif

Love your N. jacquelineae. WOW!

smile.gif

BCK

Super! Looks like thier will be some nice specimens in the near future! This guy is out of my reach for a while I think....not sure on how bad it is in price...I'll have to look into it.

Wah!  Jeremiah, that is really, truly beautiful.  Why ever didn't I hang on to that one!  
laugh.gif
 (if it came from me at all that is).

I was just curous about Josh's plant as I heard that Andreas released a few and was wondering if perhaps it came from him.

Hey Jeremiah,
I'm growing two of them outdoors. I've found that they appear to be pretty vigorous growers. Mine have almost doubled in size from this August. I believe they originated from Borneo Exotics. Bought from Cook's. Here' a link to my site with the photos. There's a link at the bottom of the page to my home page. http://www.venturalink.net/~maxxpaxx/njacquel.htm

I will update that species in a few months when I start getting larger pitchers.

Joel

Hi Jeremiah,
i´m truly no expert, but your N. jacquelineae looks not natural red!
It seems there was some kind like Photoshop at work.
This one on your homepage looks normal.

Jan

Hmm, I ordered mine already some time before Andreas announced prices and its availability - and my order was delayed until next year. Maybe I was just too late...

The small plant of Jeremiah already looks great! Is this a seed grown plant or one out of TC (So there are chances to get a similar coloured one)?

Cheers Joachim

Quite possible for them to show such color. Here is one of mine. Roughly 2cm pitcher on a 10cm plant.

NjacquelineaeBE1.jpg

Tony

Hi

thanks everyone for all the nice comments on my plant. I will try to answer all you questions.

swords,
I have had this plant since 8-18-2003. When I got it was 3 3/8 inch in diameter with 3 pitchers the biggest was 1 1/4 now the Plant is just over 6 inches in diameter with 1 3/4 inch pitchers.

BCK,
Yeah I would love to show you my plants come down anytime!

NepsG,
It was a little pricey but to get a plant that that was just offered for sale it was not tooo bad.

Borneo,
Yeah I think it was from you originally but I got the plant from Tony.

NepsAroundTheHouse,
I would defiantly agree with you, my plant has almost doubled in size in 4 short months

Jan,
I don't really know a whole lot about you but I do not appreciate you saying that I tampered with the photo! Just to let you all know I made not changes to the photo I did not crop it! I would be happy to show anyone the plant in person if they come to Colorado springs.

Joachim Danz,
I don't know if the plant was seed grown or TC. Tony or Rob do know?

thanks
-Jeremiah-

here is a photo of the whole plant in a 3 1/2 inch pot

N_jacquelineae_for_the_site_plant.jpg

thanks
-Jeremiah-

Should probably leave this for Rob but I know he is very busy.

The plants I released are seed grown from a population at 1850m via Borneo Exotics.  According to Rob these are more robust than a population found at 1750m, which have not been available yet from him.  I am sure he has a number of clones in TC also but these will be a while before they are ready because of the increased time to propagate them in the lab and grow them to a decent size in the greenhouse.  

If you received plants from the initial release cherish them and take special care of them as seed grown plants are only occasionally available and there could be very noticable differences in physical characteristics when they mature!  Odds are it will be a long long time before seed grown plants are available once the current supply is gone.

Tony

Back