What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes x Pink

Dear all:

What i am about to show you, is a new hybrid created by TWO of the most reknown nepenthes breeders of the world. The rules of the forum does not allow me to divulge the source of this plant, but if anybody is interested, please e-mail me so i can tell you where you can get this nice plant.

The plant has its natural colour as i was told by them so it is not because it has been exposed to too much light, the leaves are incredibly pink and pitchers are very beautiful and also pink with a cream coloured peristome.

pinknep0001.JPG

pinknep0002.JPG

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Gus

Agustin, that is a very attractive colour. Any idea how large it will grow?

Colin

Spectacular! That's just beautiful, and you can tell he-who-must-not-be-named (Harry Potter fans should appreciate that one) that Schloaty said so
wink.gif

Maybe one day my neps will flower...dream dream dream

Are you at liberty to reveal the parents of this Nepenthes?

Um, I've mentioned where I got plants a bunch of times. Is this not allowed? I realize you can't advertise, or engage in commerce on this site, but for example I've seen a lot of people comment on the orders of nepenthes they got from overseas from Wistuba or whoever.

In any case, it's a cool nep! I wonder what it will look like at maturity?

Capslock

i remember someone here talking about people in holland or somewhere trying to create a more vigorous hybrid that is very easy to care for and has outstanding coloration on pitchers and leaves , and if they suceed with creating such a hybrid , it is possible that simple hybrids such as n. x judith finn maybe less avaible commercially . This may be that new hybrid i've heard about . That is a very attractive plant though , i do wodner what the parents are , looks like it has sanguinea in it .

It's a beauty, Gus. could you reveal the parents? Could I guess some thorelii or red albomarginata? I have noticed that red forms of albomarginata, such as the rubra form, pass the red coloration on to their progeny. I know Geoff has used it in his hybrids before....oops...I let the cat out of the bag!!
biggrin.gif

For the ultimate in hybrid vigor and some really beautiful pitchers, crosses using lowland x highland parentage work great. Usually, they can be grown both highland and lowland. I would love to see rafflesiana x burbidgeae, or carunculata robusta x Mixta.
Trent

I'd like to see villosa x bical!

Gus, that is a beauty!
smile.gif
Should be an awesome plant in the future.

Due to Popular demand:

Yes, i can reveal the parentage!!.

Thorelli x (spectabilis X northiana), having a thorelli and a northiana, it must grow to be a huge plant

they are not from Holland but from Australia, and thanks to Trent, now everybody knows who they are. I am happy that someone helps me with this one!!.

Gus

I think someone should make a hamata X bicalcarata. TEETH!                                                                              
&
<^^>
(^^^)

Hi all:

Well, if there is anybody who could make such a hybrid, Geoff and Andrea are the people to talk to!!.

Actually, i was thinking of a macrophylla X bicalcarata

or a lowii X ampullaria. We just keep dreaming on and on!!

Gus

Heres what I'd like to see:

N. (northiana x veitchii) x (truncata x rafflesiana sarawak giant form)

N. mirabilis var. echinostoma x northiana

N. northiana x truncata

--hamata

WOW!!  That's one kool plant!!! I like the RED-NESS.  Maybe u should cross your new plant with a bi-cal so that it has fangs  
tounge.gif
 But i know  nothing about nepenthes.  I like sundews.
-Captain Drosera

P.S. you'll never guess my secret identity!!!
blues.gif

I want one!!!

Cool! Is it a highland or lowland?

Judging by the crosses it is more of a highland, with the exception of the northiana genes present (typical lowland). i think it displays hybrid vigour so it may grow well an intermediate environment.

Gus

Back