Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: N. macfarlanei & N. diatas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joachim,
    The 5700 has all those "photographers features" but it also has a cheat "autofocus" mode where you can simply point, focus and shoot without setting every possible lens effect, lighting effect, etc. I went a bit nuts cos I had got a new credit card and had been wanting a good digital camera. My old Kodak DC3200 was mys ecodn one and it too was really garbage. Like the ones they giveaway for free now with photo printers!

Anyway, very nice shots! I rather like that Sarawak form of N. fusca, really quite different from the standard N. fusca! I'll have to look into getting myself one!

drosera guy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Nikon Coolpix 2500 does the same effect. Everything is far too red/pink. Must be typical for Nikon cameras. Nice plants btw, Joachim!

Jan

HMMMMMMMM. I dont think that's N. fusca. I mean it could be, but it looks a heck of a lot like N. faizaliana, especially in the leaves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The lid on Joachim's plant looks like it is long and triangular (N. fusca) and not orbiculate as in N. faizaliana.

I may be forgetful but wasn't the Sarawak form of N. fusca previously considered/mistaken for N. faizaliana at one time? I know there was a discussion a while back on this board.

If you are going by the Tambunan Road form of N. fucas leaf tip, it has an odd tiny heart shaped apex when mature/climbing. I was confused a bit when I noticed this on my N. fusca plant since photos of other N. fusca's I've seen and the big ones at the orchid shop do not have this type of leaf tip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (swords @ Nov. 30 2003,11:56)]The lid on Joachim's plant looks like it is long and triangular (N. fusca) and not orbiculate as in N. faizaliana.

I may be forgetful but wasn't the Sarawak form of N. fusca previously considered/mistaken for N. faizaliana at one time?
    Hi Josh,

yes this was the plant BE formerly sold as N. faizaliana.

Cheers Joachim

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12