Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Plants in my new highland terrarium

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brisco: I shopped at the same Lowes.. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks for the tip, the salesperson told me it would be too hard to cut with pliers, I will try it [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

D. muscipula: This might sound dumb, but what section of Walmart did you find the thermometer/humidity sensor in?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, i realized later that i should have specified that, as i had a hard time finding it myself. It's not in the garden or yard section, it was in or near the hardware section, where things like cordless drills and light bulbs are. Hopefully your Walmart stocks them. If you can't find them, i'll check when i go home for Christmas (no walmart access here) and let you know more specifically.

Yeah, i wouldn't cut it with pliers, but you can torsion the cross pieces until they break, one by one, and then break off the remaining bits.
    There's no 'a' in perlite.

My Growlist
    NECPS.org - New England CP growers unite!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you pipe cold air from outside and know when to stop? Is this hooked to a thermostat? My break is over and I can't look at the other thread. Dumb!

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess when I cut my egg crate, I don't "cut" it per say. I essentially break off the pieces.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joe:

I don't have all the plans worked out yet. The way things are now, i actually have the outside (storm) window closed, and the intake fan between the inner window (closed down to the foam i cut out around the pipe) and the storm window. It gets plenty cool that way now. I'll have to keep an eye open when it gets < 0F to see if it's getting too cool. I doubt it, because it's sitting in my room, after all. As the delta T gets bigger, the heat coming in from my room will increase.

It is looking like i'll need to turn the fan off occasionally in the day to let the temps rise. Shouldn't be a problem, i'll set it up on an X10 switch and fiddle around with the timing. Same thing goes for the ultrasonic mister. Turns out i just hadn't turned on the switch (duh [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif[/img] ), because it's working now. However, it doesn't help the humidity much because it's buried underneath the plant shelf. I'm trying to figure out what to do about that.
    There's no 'a' in perlite.

My Growlist
    NECPS.org - New England CP growers unite!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey,
    Very nice setup! Jeremy and Trashcan...lol...I shop at the same Lowe's too!!
    Kevin
    Kevin Peterson
    Grosse Pointe, MI

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12