What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

who has the biggest

I'm sure I read somewhere that N. bical hates to have their roots disturbed which is why repotting is such a 'dangerous' time. Has anyone had any good experiences repotting N. bical?

Generally as long as you don not shake the root mass or squeeze it or anything dramatic like that, shock will be quite minimal. The death of Josh's plant was probably combined factors, due to the fact it was just repotted and moved outside without being ready to face the world of weather. If a plant is in a terrarium and it need to be repotted, take it out and repot it but I like to (if you have one to use) an ultrasonic humidifier and have the mist pouring over the plant, or just have a mist bottle nearby and mist in the air occasionally. Of course greenhouse plants are a different matter, repotting them is a breeze, only thing you have to wory about there is root disturbence, they are already adapted to the ghouse atmosphere and will take minimal shock if they are repotted responsibly. Moral of this: repot your plants in the environment in which they are grown in. I know it's difficult to do when your plants are in a terrarium but it can eb done with relative ease.

Back