What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ultrasonic humidifier

I have access to an ultrasonic humidifier, but unfortunately it has been cleaned using bleach before. Do you think I could use it if I washed it thoroughly with distilled water? Thanks.  
rock.gif

Oh, and one more thing, theres a cactus in my grow chamber box thing (dont ask why) and water in the bottom. the cactus is sitting in the water. I think its from home depot, a moon catus. Do you think there was fertilizer in the pot that could have leaked out into the water? or maybe I'm just over-reacting. thanx again.

Yes indeed the fertilizer (if any has been used on the cactus) will be in run off from water going through the cactus pot.

I would not worry about the humidifier having been cleaned. I do this once a year myself. If you use R/O or distilled water exclusively all that's needed for clean up most of the time is a dump and wipe of the resivor on the base every few weeks to keep it clear of dust and debris that will occasionally settle in there.

well I didn't put fertilizer in it, just worried that it may have come with some in the soil. thanx for your input
smile.gif

Back