What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trimming Nepenthes

Hi,I just traded Eric(eplants02)for a Nepenthes sanguinea and was wondering.....can a nep be trimmed back and kept at a certain height?I really didnt want to cut it,but it will not fit in my terrarium(10 gal)
sad.gif
Help.

Jerry

All Neps may be kept pruned down for height but diameter is also something to pay attention to. The amount of space you have from front of the tank to the back will tell you how wide a plant can be to fit or not fit. N. sanguinea will eventually reach aproximately 50 cm (nearly two feet) in diameter.

Nepenthes sanguinea is too big for a 10 gallon aquarium. You need to devise a larger growing chamber if you want to grow 95% of nepenthes species as a 10 gallon aquarium is only 12 inches wide (fromnt to back) and there are not too many Neps that will fit in there. Sadly, N. sanguinea is not one of them.

Thanks Josh,thats what I was afraid of.
sad.gif

Jerry

Back