What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My December gallery

trashcan

O:-)
Hi,

I just bought a bunch of new plants, and I want to share them. I'm also going on vacation, so I won't be around to bug everyone- so I have to get a double dose in before I leave. Hope you like them..
smile.gif

N. diatas 'meadow form'
KIF_2412.sized.jpg

KIF_2411.sized.jpg

N. spathulata x spectabilis
KIF_2384.sized.jpg

N. spectabilis
KIF_2418.sized.jpg

N. burbidgeae x edwardsiana
KIF_2389.sized.jpg

N. x ventrata
KIF_2339.sized.jpg

KIF_2346.sized.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Nice!

I hope you left good instructions for the person who will be caring for your new plants while you're away. Arrival/settling in is a crucial time for everything to be in balance and carefully watched for signs of any possible immediate cultural problems that need attention.

Anyway, some very nice goodies there!

Wow!  Nice haul indeed!  They all have nice coloration too, typical of Tony's plants.  Best of luck with your new 'troops'.

SF

Thanks for the kind words.

Hey,
I love those neps! Especially the N. diatas!! Thnaks for showing us!
Kevin

Lovely plants but I'm more interested in how you focused those in so nicely! What's your secret?
smile.gif

Good point Nepenthes Gracilis! What camera techniques are you using, with what kind of digital camera?

Hehe! OK, here's the secret.... The fifty other pictures you didn't see! My camera is FAMOUS (well to me anyway) for taking blurry pictures. So I have just learned to take tons of them, and try to balance against something so that it won't move too much when I press the button to take a picture. These pictures also came out a little better than normal (imho)
because I put them directly under my study light. Oh, the camera is an old Kyocera Finecam S3. I'm currently shopping for a replacement that can take pictures more reliably, and have a longer battery life.

Also, Tony's plants are always very big, so maybe I'm not as up close as you think.
smile.gif

Nice new neps, trashcan!!! The N. diatas is incredible! And I've been eyeing that N. spathulata x spectabilis on Tony's site for a while, too. Looks juicy!

Anyway, I've been trying to avoid posting a pic of one of my new neps, also from Tony. I wanted to wait till they grew some more, as they are small plants. But they're so darn nice, and you posted some, so what the heck. Here is my crazy cool N. aristolochioides:

N.%20aristolochioides.JPG

Capslock

Cool! it'll be even cooler looking when it has a tons o' pitchers. . .
tounge.gif

Hi,

oooooooooooooooooooooooo nice.

Bobby

Back