User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Few new pics

Well, I dont know. It does kinda look like a hybrid. N. rampsina has a very large spur, just like the one in your pic. In fact, N. sanguinea shouldn't have much of a sper at all. Oh, and if you look at the leaves of a true sanguinea, the tendril should drop off from the leaf tip slightly. I'd deffinately say yours is a hybrid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From my experience N. campanulata can handle cool nights (high 50s) ok as long as the days are warm but it would do better with more typical lowland conditions.

To be honest I don't see any N. ramispina in that plant your concerned over. It looks perfectly within the normal range of N. sanguinea to me. Would be nice to hear what some other growers that have seen a wide selection in cultivation or in nature had to say though.

Tony
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tony, I just came from your site, you should have mentioned to me the image of your N. sanguinea "Clone E" this form looks far more similar to my "red" one than any other images of the "red" form that I've ever seen. Even though it's under 400W of metal halide it's really more brown than red.

One other person (on the CP UK board) has gotten this same sort of N. sanguinea plant, from the same place, at the same time I got this one and someone has apparently told him it was a hybrid, I don't know who though... News at 11! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]

Thanks so much for all the input so far Tony and everyone! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12