What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A few pics...

Hey all,
Here are some plants that you don't see in everyday collections. (Well two of them.)
wink.gif

N.Rajah4.JPG

N. Rajah

N.Veitchii.JPG

N. Veitchii "Hose Mtn" (Highlander)

N.Truncata5.JPG

N. Truncata

Behind the N. Truncata, there is a heat mat use for reptiles. I use this to maintain a constant temperature within the lowland tank.

Also Dustin and Tony, notice the broken Truncata leaf, I was talking about.

cool vietchii!
I have a heat mat, and I'm wondering how it works out IN the terrarium. I could use it on my bical.
thanks

Is that a heat mat or flex watt tape? I have been wanting to get some of that for plastic containers for reptiles, crickets, ect, but I don't know how to hook it up or if you can attach right to the plastic without melting or what. Glass is obviously not a problem.

Regards,

Joe

Think I can put the "repti therm" under my glass terrarium? its usually full of the less demanding plants. (d. capensis, etc.) and where I grow my bical currently is this big ol' plastic crate in a warmer place. dont want melted plastic or zapping

P.S. putting the thing under a terrarium is what you're SUPPOSED to do, according to the directions, and you're also supposed to have substrate. I have about 3 inches of peat, gravel, and perlite in the bottom, which could easily be lowered.
thanks

its flat black mat, about 3 by 6 or 7, made by Zoo Med. from your local PetCo.

droseadude, i put the repti therm on the side of the tank because I couldn't lift the 30 gallon tank. Otherwise, I would have which is the correct way to use it.

Back