User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 3 pitchers later

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sure has taken on some shape since the first and second pitcher! It looks like a colorless N. x Judith Finn. The pticher before it had some kind of weird problem and had trouble opening. Then it turned red, then crispy red, and dried up. The one before that was overfed and grew fungus. The first pitcher was overfed and sprung a leak. Anyway, I hope that this time I will get this pitcher to last. Oh, and BTw, that ant is no more.... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif[/img]

If it isn't clear by now, Im trying to ID it!

Hard to tell from these picks, but the plant has a distinctively spiky edge to its peristrome, and a row of teeth inside.
    1 Nxventrata

D. muscipula & D. muscipula 'Red Dragon'(barely)

Sarracenia leucophylla(seedling)

S. purpurea and Drosera filiformis filiformis/ intermedia seeds waiting to sprout.

Drosera capensis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have two of the same... I just bought the second one yesterday. I bought the first a month ago and it just opened it's first new pitcher. They're really pretty plants so I wish I had an ID. ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not to sure mines gorgeous, but I like the elegant refinement that its shape has. I do believe the color wil get more intense though. It currently has some speckles of red between the wings,floding to the outside on the occasion...and the cap also has some pigment on the top. Im expecting some more color on the peristrome, as you can see a band of color in those pics. Hopefully, the next pitcher will receive more light and perhaps give up more clues.

Anyway, I'd love to know if you guys have any ideas, or if this plant is still developing its shape still. I have a pic of the whole plant too, but you guys have seen it already.
    1 Nxventrata

S. purpurea and Drosera filiformis filiformis/ intermedia seeds waiting to sprout.

Drosera capensis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still pretty young but going to say it's a maxima hybrid because of the thinner cyndrical shape.
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You mean this sucker is goin to develop spots? I've seen some gublers neps with spots(even little plants 2 inches across), but this one was just green when I bought it.
    1 Nxventrata

Drosera capensis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Almost all immature pitchers have little to no coloration. Give it a few months and see if it doesn't color up some more. I can't think of a Maxima hybrid that does not have spots BTW.

SF

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All my young shoots make traps that look a lot like that. I think it is to early to tell.
    There is no item greater in value than life, for without life value would cease to exist.
    My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, I'll wait some more. The newest pitcher is going to be huge!(well, for me that is)
    1 Nxventrata

Drosera capensis