What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did anybody say hybrid?

Dear all:

I would like to share these hyrids with you. I specially like the first one! even though the second one looks good too!!. Anyway, here they go!

siburaffle1.jpg

siburaffle2.jpg

What i like the best is the burgundy coloured teeth surrounded by the whiter peristome.

thoramp.jpg

I like the red lips of this one!

Gus

Hello,
Can you please give us some names? The first one looks like an immature rafflesiana, the second one is hard to tell. Thanks for sharing!!
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
unclesam.gif
cool.gif

Hi Lithopsman. Well, the first one has rafflesiana in it but it is not pure rafflesiana and the second one has ampullaria background but again not pure. Can you try one more time?. I think these exercises help us tune up our identification skills!

Gus

Maybe you should rename the files.
wink.gif

The first one is sibuyanensis X rafflesiana the second is thorelli X ampullaria.

Now, i am going to tell you a little story. I was taking care of my nep babies this afternoon. I forgot i had so many hybrids cramped up in one 4 foot tank. I just took a plant from the back and guess what, it had 4 beautiful pitchers hidden by the larger plants. So i took a photo to remember this moment!

newhyb0001.JPG

and by the way, it does not matter if you read the file names any more. Good luck

Gus

N. aristolochioides x maxima?

Thats a nice hybrid with N. aristolochioides as the one parent. the other parent possibilies for my guessing are:

x alata ( a red form)
x thorelli
x sanguinea
x argentii (a long shot!)

Very Good Duestin: which of the four is it though?

Gus

Sure make it more difficult.
tounge.gif
Thanks Gus!
biggrin.gif

Umm...ok I'll prolly be wrong but you seem to have a knack to get ahold of some outta this world hybrids so I'm going to say my initial thought when I looked at it....

N. aristolochioides x N. thorelli. If it's not then it must be crossed with argentii.

Yeah, it looks kinda like my N. aristolochioides x N. thorelli, but it's smaller, so it's hard to tell. I love the aristolochiodes hybrids. I also have a N. aristolochioides x N. ventricosa that is growing like a weed!

Capslock

I would say alata or sanguinea, because the look of thorelli is more distinctively well, thorelli. Just my opinion. As to Capslock: So you're the one that got the plant that I was about to order!
wow.gif
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
unclesam.gif
cool.gif

very good Duestin and Capslock: thorelli X aristolochioides. Wait until you see the next  set. I Believe some people have the knack to create hybrids others have the knack to get the rarest species possible.

I have a couple of other hybrids and i'll show them to you next time.

P.S.
Have you ever seen a Hamata X truncata??
ghostface.gif
 when you do in exactly 4 months, please sit on your chairs and ask your parents to bring you a glass of your favourite drink, Of course if you are over 18, well you can have some alcohol, cause I'll have some too. you are going to need it!!
biggrin.gif

Gus

Back