Likes Likes:  0

Thread: N. x ventrata & ampullaria cuttings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

Hello everyone,

I recieved 2 ventrata cuttings, and 1 ampullaria cutting 10 days ago. They've been turning yellow, and are showing signs of rot at places [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif[/img]

1 ventrata is completely yellow, the other just starting to. The ampullaria is all a yellow color except for the stem and leaf I see through the LFS.

This problem was noticed several days ago. I keep the cuttings with the rest of my Nepenthes. Right now they are getting 12.5 hours of light a day, temps high 70's day, 60's at night. cuttings are in 2" pots with pure LFS. Humidity is near 100% with good circulation (sunbeam humidifier does the trick).

Is this normal? Should I discard the cuttings before the "rot?" spreads to other plants?

HELP!

-Homer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your conditions sound ok although a little on the cool side. I have found cuttings to do better under a more steady mid to low 70's range.

As for your cuttings, it sounds like they are not going to take. There is little risk to your other plants unless you leave them to the point where they go brown and start growing mold. As to why they are turning yellow and starting to brown is hard to say. Perhaps the cuttings were a little old. Perhaps they got too cold in transit. Perhaps a combination of factors....

T
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like they got to cold to me.
    Peace

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

Well, they were given to me personally, and were not exposed to temperatures below 60F. No matter now... they are pretty much gone now.

-Homer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear that. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif[/img]

We can try again after the plants recover.