What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some pictures

trashcan

O:-)
Hi,

Just wanted to share the pics I took while I had the plants out for lunch.

Also, I changed my conditions after being given advice by many in the forums. The plants have _all_ markedly improved. In particular, the macfarlanei has pitchered for the first time since I purchased it (6 months ago?). Thank you very much to everyone for your advice.

n_tentaculata.sized.jpg

n_burbigdeaexedwardsiana.sized.jpg

P1010015.sized.jpg

n_muluensis.sized.jpg

n_macfarlanei.sized.jpg

P1010025_Large.sized.jpg

n_sibuyanensis.sized.jpg

Very nice!

When did your N. muluensis turn red? I got one from Wistuba soem time ago and it's just a bright green TC plantlet but any photos I've seen from Tony or other places show that N. muluensis is totally red, at least at the size you show there and other N. muluensis plants in cultivation. Perhaps it changes color as it ages?
rock.gif

Could you ID these plants? Whatever you have in the top picture I believe is the same as what I purchased as "Tropical Pitcher Plant" from Lowes.

Jim, I doubt Lowes would have N. tentaculata, it is most likely N. ventricosa or N. x judith finn from what I have seen.

BTW< great pics Pat!
smile.gif

Swords: I actually just received that plant, and it came with that coloration. That pitcher will be the first to open since it came under my care. (Thank you brisco225).

Jim: Sorry, made this post at midnight my time..

#1 is N. tentaculata (which I agree with Nep G, would not likely be at a hardware store)
#2 is N. burbigdeae x edwardsiana
#3 is N. truncata (6" woohoo)
#4 is N. muluensis
#5 is N. macfarlanei (with N. diatas and N. tentaculata in the background)
#6 is N. diatas 'meadow form'
and #7 is N. sibuyanensis. Hopefully after that pitcher, it will get down to business and start growing new leaves!
(sorry for any misspellings, don't have time to double check)

Jim, does your plant look like either of these?
P1010268_Small.jpg

Not a very flattering picture, but N.ventricosa is on the right, and and N.x Judith Finn is on the left.

Nep G: Thank you.
smile.gif

Hi Pat,

nice plants!

The N. muluensis might be the red form from MT which turns red even under low light levels. The two normal forms I'm also growing only get red leafes under very high light levels.

This plant originates from Andreas (AFAIK). Leafes were much more red during summer:

N_muluensis_300104_small.jpg

Joachim

The N. muluensis was in my care for about a year. It had that coloration before I purchased it and another one from Cascade Carnivorous Plants. The other N. muluensis has the same coloration to it.

Interesting, the picture Andreas shows in the online shop of N. muluensis looks nothing like trashcan's pic. I assume the upper pitchers are the onces with white coloration?
rock.gif
Also the leaves are much darker than the photos shown in the wild?

Anyway, it looks quite nice, particularly the color of the leaves. I might have to send Andreas an email to add one to my March order.

Thanks for the pics trashcan.
Joe

Thank you everybody for the kind words, and Joachim for the nice picture. I am waiting for the sibuyanensis (and a different tentaculata) pitcher to open, so I can post pictures, but they seem to be taking their time......

Back