Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: small neps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps a pinned topic although I have my doubts that many folks would view it. Seems to me it's easier to post a message.. Searches would also yield a number of past threads on the topic but I suspect I am one of the few that uses that feature also LOL.

Yes cultural information is always helpful! I would hope that when not supplied the person asking for a list will do their homework as some of the plants listed are rare, expensive and difficult to find!

Tony
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Tony Paroubek @ Feb. 13 2004,06:28)]Perhaps a pinned topic although I have my doubts that many folks would view it. Seems to me it's easier to post a message.. Searches would also yield a number of past threads on the topic but I suspect I am one of the few that uses that feature also LOL.

Yes cultural information is always helpful! I would hope that when not supplied the person asking for a list will do their homework as some of the plants listed are rare, expensive and difficult to find!

Tony
    Hi Tony,

well I dont think a pinned topic would be overseen - at least the other members could give a hint where to look [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img] I'd think a very short discription of the plants would be enough to start with. I.e.:

------------------
    N. talangensis

Plant about 12cm in diameter, pitchers around 5cm in height.
    Requires typical highland conditions with high humidity, won't grow well with night temperatures above 15 deg. C.

[img]http://home.**********.com/joachim/N_talangensis_130204.jpg[/img]
    -------------------

More information would be useful, but would also be much more work to start with.

Cheers Joachim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

Thanks for the information.Sorry I didn't tell you where the plants would be.Ok,I have a 4 tier growhouse,it sits indoors in front of an east facing window,which gets the morning sun light.The temps range from 60-80F.The reason I needed names of smaller nepenthes is so I can have plants that wont outgrow the space I have.I really want plants that wont grow bigger than 20"dia.I can keep them trimmed back.I also have some ten gallon fish tanks under grow lights and the temps stay from 70-85F,humidity 70%.I mist the plats in the 4 tier growhouse every day.

Jerry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

here are a few images of small growing and very nice Nepenthes:

Nepenthes aristolochioides:

Nepenthes dubia:

Nepenthes tenuis:

Nepenthes mikei:

Bye