What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ugly little plant

Sorry, but it is. It can't help it, it was root bound for 5 years...

Okay, I got this thing on our trip to the Gardens last month. Someone who was with, remember? They were 5 years old, but tiney from being root bound so long. They were free, but not the N. x edinsomethingerother, the other ones. Yah, remember the tiney little all green non-descript ones they needed to get rid of? I think Nick got one too. I can't remember what it was called. I want to say N. alata, but I don't know were I am getting that from and mine has had it's only trap shrivel up and die making IDing a wee bit hard... I shouldn't call it ugly, but lets face it, a tiney little trapless nep just aint much to look at lol
smile.gif
Anyhow, part of why I must know is for my webpage, but the other is so I can fine tune it's growing conditions and untill I know what it is, that is a bit difficult.

smile.gif
Thank you for any help you may give, I want to make it purdy so I can stop refering to it as the ugly little one over there to people to viset my collection lol.

hey kiddo,
yeah i believe that they were N. x judith finn. i didn't get one, but i do have one and they are very attactive plants, that is unless u kill 'em and they shrivel up.
wow.gif
i keep mine in intermdiate/kinda lowland conditions with a lot o' light, hight humidity and it is growin like crazy. hope it helps, good luck sillie.
Douglas

[b said:
Quote[/b] (death66 @ Feb. 27 2004,00:38)]hey kiddo,
yeah i believe that they were N. x judith finn.  i didn't get one, but i do have one and they are very attactive plants, that is unless u kill 'em and they shrivel up.
wow.gif
 i keep mine in intermdiate/kinda lowland conditions with a lot o' light, hight humidity and it is growin like crazy. hope it helps, good luck sillie.
Douglas
Oh yah, great thanks
biggrin.gif
I thought it was a hybred, just couldn't think of which one it was. I do remember that the big one they had was nice looking. Okay then, I think maybe I will try and squeeze it into my highland tank since that has higher humidity... I don't really have a lowland tank so it's not like is really an option... cept this isn't a clone, it's a seed plant so it's going to have to be labled as the parent cross... >_< anyone remember which plant was the father and which the mother?

If it originated in Australia, the spathulata was the female, the veitchii the male.

Hey Darcie
Why else do you think we want to get rid of them?
laugh.gif

Give it a few years!
Amori

They were givin away neps?! man I wish I was there!

Back