What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. Madagascarensis - how to flower

How do i make an n. madagascarensis flower? I have 2 in one pot and both hae about 3 large pitchers that are pale bright red colouring on top of its light green background and since it is spring i wanted to know how to make them flower, pics tommoro if needed. thank you.

You can't really "make" Nepenthes flower, they do it when they are good and ready. Kinda likebosses, they give you a raise when they are good and ready.
tounge.gif
Anywho, as for N madagascariensis, I have found it vry difficult to maintain so #1 congrats! #2 I've never seen a flowering N. madagascariensis, even wild photos. So as far as getting your plants to flower, treat them like any Nepenthes....wait. Thats all you can really, is wait until they get large and mature enough.

Hi Everyone,
I have seen N. madagascarensis flower! It took a vine nearly six feet long to do it, growing in straight long fiber sphagnum in very lowland conditions in a friends greenhouse. It has the reputation for being difficult, but this plant grew like a weed. The bloom spike tip was near the apex of the greenhouse, and the plant was in a large pot sitting on a standard greenhouse bench.

Trent

can anyone post pics of their n madagascar, id liek to see what mine will look like when its older , thank you.

Back